[Travelandtourism] Updated travel information when traveling via air through these states so far

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:39:10 UTC 2015

Good morning all:

If you live in New York, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Louisiana or American
Somoa; you will not be able to use your Driver's License or Non-Driver's
License as a form of Government ID when traveling by commercial flights. You
will have to invest in getting a passport.

If you fly anywhere within the United States from these states, you will
need a passport. They last 10 years. I am asking, Gary Wunder, Editor of the
Braille Monitor to please add this information to the next edition.

Why this is happening. The Real ID Enforcement Act of 2005 is now being
implemented by the Department of Homeland Security. We live in a time, where
security is essential when traveling.

I have stated in the subject line that "these states so far", I am sure that
all the rest of the states will follow. This ruling will go into effect in
2016; no date has been  announced, but if you are planning to travel to the
Washington, DC Seminar and our National Conventions, you will now need to
show a passport.

Please do not get the Passport Card, The U.S. Passport Card can be used to
enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at
land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less
expensive than a passport book.  The passport card cannot be used for
international and now domestic from states listed above travel by air.
Passport applications can be picked up at any US post office or go to the
passport website at:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/fees.html
#adult_first_time

For adults and children over the age of 16 is $110 and $25 service fee which
is $135, again this last 10 years.

Children under the age of 16 (yes, your child will need a passport) is $80 +
$25 service fee.

For more information on this here are 2 links:

One is from the Department of Homeland Security and the other is from the
Today Show back in September 2015.

Department of Homeland Security http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

Today Show link:

http://www.today.com/video/drivers-licenses-will-no-longer-get-you-on-a-flig
ht-in-4-states-527980099771

If you need help with questions related to Passport or any other travel
related issues, please let us know.

Thank you.

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org <http://www.nfbtravel.org>

To join the talk list

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama