[Travelandtourism] {Spam?} RE: One thing that needs dealing with with the airlines

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:23:13 UTC 2016

Justin:

First of all, at a past NFB convention there was a resolution and it was
passed reflecting these issues. Please remember that passing a resolution
and passing laws, etc. Take time.

Airlines think they are better than anyone else, being a travel
professional, I see this all day long.

So, unless they are federally mandated to do it they will not. The other
issues are there are thousands of airlines that you may never have heard of
that fly all over the world, and these companies are not owned and operated
here in the USA, but they fly here in the USA to destinations all over the
world. So it is a very tricky situations.

The other obstacles is that are a lot of airlines now that do not belong to
IATA - The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade
association for the world's airlines, representing some 260 airlines or 83%
of total air traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help
formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.

Airlines do not have to belong to them, it's good for them to belong. I
belong to IATA because I have to, to book airlines and some hotels or
certain tour operators, to proof that I am a real travel professional and
not an MLM - Multi Level Marketing business. To many people out there are
passing themselves off as travel professionals but are not.

Why am I posting this, because it is not as easy as you think to say to
them, I know how you can fix it, but in actuality, again, if it is going to
cost them more money, or it could be a full moon out there, they won't do
it.

But as you know the NFB as a whole are working on the issues, I am sure once
the laws are passed to make their websites more accessible, then the next
step would be the rest.

Please remember, we want to hear these issues on our teleconference meeting
calls.  We need to work together for ideas

Sincerely,

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind - Travel & Tourism Division
Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of New York State - Greater Long Island
Chapter
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
"Live the Life You Want"

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria was awarded by Governor Cuomo in 2012, New York State
Disabled Entrepreneur or the year, and is the owner of Echevarria Travel