[Travelandtourism] {Spam?} RE: Money exchange when traveling international. The Worst and Best Places to get your money exchanged.

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:01:50 UTC 2016

Never exchange money at the airport the give the worst exchange and you will
be losing money.

Where to Get the Worst Rate: The Airport
The first place nearly all travelers go in a new country is the airport
terminal, and that is the first place where you will have an opportunity to
exchange currency. Airport-based currency exchange shops know that you might
need local currency to catch a bus, train, or taxi, so they make big profits
offering you the worst exchange rate.

Where to Get Bad Rates: Currency Exchange Stores
Once you get out of the airport, you may find yourself in a market, bazaar
or popular tourist area. Exchange shops try to operate where you will need
them and take advantage of tourists to make a profit.You will probably find
better rates than the airport at a dedicated currency exchange. However,
even though the rates are better, you're still likely getting a bad deal.

Where to Get Good Rates: ATMs and Local Banks
If you want to find the best rates around, look for a local ATM or bank.
Many foreign banks are happy to exchange your dollars for local currency for
a better rate than you find elsewhere, or you can go to an ATM to skip the
line. My bank offers foreign ATM fee refunds and charges no fees for using a
foreign ATM, so if I need cash I just whip out my debit card, find the
closest bank ATM - not an ATM kiosk in a mall or supermarket - and rest easy
knowing I received the best rate for my dollars.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"
www.nfbtravel.org
To join the talk list
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/travelandtourism_nfbnet.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria
Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
reservations at echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and
family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama