[Travelandtourism] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Article about guide dogs in Zoos

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:59:06 UTC 2016

I am posting this to this list.

Why, because when we travel, we visiting interesting places, and some are
zoos and aquariums.

As you are well aware, that we have NAGDU, which is the National Association
of Guide Dog Users. President Mr. Marion Gwizdala lives in FL and this past
weekend, the NFB of Florida had their state convention.

Being a member of NAGDU myself, and also a Board Member of the New York
Affiliate, NYAGDU. It is important for all blind people, whether you use a
cane or a guide dog. That you should be able to travel with whatever
mobility tool you have to want to  use and be able to do that without having
issues.

Especially here in the USA.

There will be places around the world, that you may not be able to bring
your dog to, or a place at that destination as well.

But if you do your homework, and plan ahead of time, you should not have any
problems when you are traveling.

Enjoy! Live the Life You Want!

Way to dog NAGDU!

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

 <http://www.nfbtravel.org> www.nfbtravel.org

To join the talk list

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama