[Travelandtourism] secretary's report for feb. 2016

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 21:58:36 UTC 2016

     SECRETARY'S REPORT

    NFB TRAVEL & TOURISM DIVISION MEETING
    Feburary 25, 2016

    The NFB Travel & Tourism Division held its monthly meeting on Thursday, Feburary 25, 2016 via conference call.  The meeting was called to order by Pres. Cheryl Echevarria at 7:05 p.m., EST.  All of the officers and board members were present, except for Steve Hastalas, who was absent.  There were 8 people on the call.

    Cheryl asked if anyone had attended the Washington Seminar and if they had any travel issues getting there because of the weather.  Denice and Jamal both went.  Denice said that she had no problems getting there, where Jamal had to go by bus to Washington and take the train back home.

    Cheryl announced that she would not be running for another term as president of the division because of personal reasons.  This also is an election year, so all of the positions on the board will be open.

    Treasurer's report--Jo Taylor gave the treasurer's report.  As of January 31, 2016 we have $1,867.16 in our checking account and $500.96 in our savings account.  The total balance in our treasury is $2,358.12.  John made a motion to accept the report as read.  Motion carried.

    Secretary's report--John TeBockhorst read the minutes from the Jan. 18, 2016 meeting.  There was one correction to the report.  We paid our travel agent Mary $150.00 instead of $125.00.  Amy made a motion to accept the report as amended and it was seconded by Tom TeBockhorst.  Motion carried.

    Jamal and Amy talked about issues they have had with Greyhound.  Jamal had to pay $10 to book tickets over the phone for 2 different trips.  Amy said that their app is not accessible when she tried using her I-phone with voice over when she tried to book a trip.  Cheryl will forward this information to Valarie Yingling at the national office and to Edwardo Mesa-Etimeen at Essential Accessibility.

    Cheryl said that if you are interested in running for a position on the board, or you want to run for re-election to the board, you need to let Cheryl know by May.

    The next division meeting will be on Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 7 p.m., EST.  Cheryl will send out an email reminder about this.

    There being no other business, Jo Taylor made a motion to adjourn the meeting and it was seconded by John.  Motion carried.  The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m., EST.

People on the call

Officers
Cheryl Echevarria, president, NY
Amy Baron, Vice-President, MN