[Travelandtourism] Recommendations for traveling anywhere blind or not

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 13:37:44 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

Prior to becoming a travel professional and prior to becoming legally blind, I used to plan not only my own travels but for my sales team and their families when they wanted to travel anywhere.

I will give you some pointers, blind or not when planning for travel and this is for anyone traveling anywhere.

I even tell my clients, before booking anything do your homework. In a few instances recently, many of you have been asking after you have booked, what should I do once I get there.

Not sure who booked your trips, whether on your own or with a travel professional.

1. Start planning months in advance, especially if you haven't been to a place before or you haven't been there in a while. Things change!  Businesses come and go all the time, or they change.  I am currently writing an article on all the updates coming to the Disney Theme Parks and Resorts and their cruise lines.

I also read all the time on the tourism boards, etc what is new to that destination. Some things aren't offered anymore, for whatever reason.

2. If you go back to the person who booked your travel for you. Do they know you are totally blind, if not, then I would go on the Scotland Tourism Board website and read up on everything. www.visitscotland.com

When traveling try new things from the food, entertainment, meet the people, do not let your blindness and other issues get in your way. You are traveling independently. You might have to hire people out to escort you places. Many people think, and I know I book many types of people and not just the blind, that when they get to a place. You can just snap your fingers and someone will be there to escort you or help you. You need to arrange these things before you get there. Or you can spend the whole time looking for someone to help you.

Again, it is nice to book on your own. Guess what though more and more people are coming back to us travel professionals (whether you call us agents or travel planners) the online booking engines are not going to help you if you get stuck. Read the fine print on things.

It is nice to give advice on where to go from others but unless you are talking to the right people.

If you need help again reach out to the person that booked you in the first place, they will help you find the best places. If they don't have a clue, I can help you, but you need to make an appointment and not just call. You can email me off list at reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Good luck

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
407-910-6469 home number