[Txabs] Student Seminar Topics: We Want to Hear from You!

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 22:06:52 UTC 2012

TABSters,

I know that for many of us this time of year is a blur of studying, eating,
sleeping, and massive amounts of caffeine. But, take comfort in knowing that
this too shall pass.

Despite the barrage of finals season, your TABS board is hard at work. We
have started preparations for the 2013 TABS and TPOBC Joint Student and
Parent Seminar! Just in case you're not following us on Twitter, or haven't
friended us on Facebook, here is the link to the flyer!

http://www.nfbtx.org/tabs/parent-and-student-seminar-2013

We work really hard to make each seminar better than the last, so this year
we want to hear from you! What topics are you interested in that we haven't
discussed yet? Last year we talked about IOS devices with a hands on
workshop, we discovered how accessible chemistry can be to the blind, we
heard from assistive technology giants like Humanware and Serotek, we heard
about what careers are rapidly growing from the Texas Workforce Commission,
and much much more. However, we can't always think of it all, we need your
help. Let us know what presentations you want to see for the 2013 seminar.

Just reply to this message, and lets discuss here on our list how we can
make your student seminar better!

I look forward to the ideas and the discussion.

...Gabe

Gabriel M. Cazares

President, Texas Association of Blind Students - TABS

(A Division of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas)

www.nfbtx.org/tabs

Phone: 713-581-0619