[Txabs] NABS Activities at National Convention

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:53:05 UTC 2012

HI TABSters,

I am happy to report that the Texas Association of Blind Students is
currently leading all the student divisions in amount of volunteers that
have signed up to work at the various NABS events at convention! This is
very exciting news, and I want to thank all of you that have already signed
up, I also want to encourage those of you that have not to please consider
doing so! TABS is one of the most active student divisions, and I want it to
stay that way!!!

Plus, the student division that has the most volunteers signed up by the
time the NABS Business Meeting rolls around will be recognized, and I'd like
for that division to be our own!!!

Speaking of the NABS Business Meeting, I just want to take a brief moment to
encourage all of you that will be attending convention to come to the
meeting. The National Association of Blind Students plays an important role
in our own student division, and it is necessary that we as a member of
NABS, and as members of the hosting affiliate are present to support our
national organization. The meeting will be Sunday July 1, from 7:00 PM to
10:00 PM, registration starts at 6:15 PM, please come, this is yet another
opportunity that our student division will have to represent!

To find out where NABS needs your help, contact Darian Smith-NABS Logistics
Coordinator for National Convention. You can send him an Email at:

 <mailto:dsmithnfb at gmail.com> dsmithnfb at gmail.com

Also, don't forget that our very own student division will be conducting
various activities at convention, check our homepage for all the details!

www.nfbtx.org/tabs

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to Email me off list.
Also, if this is your first time attending the NFB National Convention
please let any of us on the TABS board know, we just want to insure that you
make the best out of your time in Dallas!

I am getting very excited about convention, and I hope you are as well!!!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Best,

...Gabe

Gabriel M. Cazares, 1st Vice President

Texas Association of Blind Students - TABS (A Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of Texas)

www.nfbtx.org/tabs

Phone: 713-581-0619