[Txabs] Add Your Name to the TEACH Petition

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 18:50:35 UTC 2014

TABSters and Federation Family,

The National Student Division is doing our part to create awareness around
H.R. 3505, the Technology, Education and Accessibility in College and Higher
Education Act of 2013, which would create guidelines of accessibility that
colleges and universities as well as manufacturers of instructional
materials alike would have to follow to insure the accessibility of
educational tools deployed in college classrooms across the country. Last
Friday, one of our fellow NABSters along with the support of our national
organization, launched a petition on change.org, and the response has been
nothing short of remarkable. As of the time of the writing of this email, we
have already garnered 17,053 signatures, which is just incredible, but I
know Texas can add even more to that number. If you haven't yet, please take
about 5 minutes of your time to read the petition, sign your name, and share
it with your Twitter, Facebook, Email, and any other social/communication
networks you may have. H.R. 3505, along with all the other issues we have
spent the last week advocating for on the Hill, will make a tremendous
impact on the lives of the nations blind, and with all of our hard work and
support, we will see them come to fruition.

If you have any questions about TEACH or the student division in general,
please feel free to email me off-list.

Thanks,

...Gabe

TEACH Petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/pass-teach-act-equal-access-to-educational-m
aterials-for-students-with-disabilities

Gabe Cazares

Phone: 281-965-9583

Twitter: @gmcazares

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter."-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr