[Txabs] 2015 Washington Seminar

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 03:59:04 UTC 2014

Friends,

I hope your week has started off well. I just wanted to send you a quick
note regarding the Washington Seminar. Many of you may have already seen the
announcement that Norma posted to the members list regarding financial
assistance, and criteria for selection. However, I just wanted to check in
with you all regarding the seminar. I am allowed to submit a list of a few
names for consideration, if you are interested in going, and want to go
under the umbrella of TABS, please indicate this to me as soon as possible.
The dates for the NFB Washington Seminar are Monday January 26 through
Thursday January 29, although we intend to have all of our work completed by
Wednesday evening.

Here is the relevant section regarding state assistance for the seminar from
Norma's email:

If you wish to apply for assistance to the Washington Seminar, please do the
following:

1.	Contact your chapter or division president to let them know you
would like to have your name added to the list they have been asked to
submit to me. Please notify them prior to December 1, 2014 because I have
asked them to submit their lists by that date.
2.	Once you have spoken with your current chapter or division
president, they will tell you that you must submit a short essay to me. This
essay should be one or two paragraphs in length, and it should tell me how
you will benefit by attending the seminar and how you think the organization
will benefit by your attendance. Please be sure your name is on your
president's list prior to sending the essay.

I have told the chapter and division presidents that members who receive
assistance will be notified by December 5, 2014. I will do my best to
accommodate everyone, but please be aware that if more than ten names are
submitted for consideration, I will have to make tough decisions about who
will receive help. Please know that if I am not able to select you, it has
nothing to do with your value to our organization. Instead, it has to do
with how many resources were allocated to this effort.

Should you want to participate, after letting me know that you are
interested in attending, email Norma at ncrosby at nfbtx.org with your essay.

Additionally, don't forget that the Austin Chapter of the NFB of Texas, and
the Texas Association of Blind Students each award a scholarship to attend
the Washington Seminar. You can apply to both scholarships through the same
form located at:
http://nfbaustin.org/content/glen-and-norma-crosby-scholarship

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks y'all,

...Gabe

Gabe Cazares

President, Texas Association of Blind Students

A Division of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas