[Txabs] Update from the Texas Association of Blind Students

Bre Brown bre.brown24 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:27:43 UTC 2015

Greetings all,

The Texas Association of Blind Students is gearing up for what
promises to be a fun and exciting NFBTX state convention. The
convention will be taking place at the Holiday Inn Midtown in Austin
On November 13-15. As usual, we will have several things going on, and
we want to make sure to keep everyone updated. Below you will find
information for our Newsline® initiative, membership survey,
preregistration for the TABS business meeting, and our fundraisers at
state convention.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
Let’s go build the federation!

Bre Brown
Secretary, Texas Association of Blind Students

Newsline® Initiative

Are you planning to go to state convention?
Would you like to have your banquet ticket paid for?
If so, here is a perfect opportunity for you to make that happen!

NFB-NEWSLINE® is a free news service for blind people across the
nation. Newsline® has more than 300 newspapers and magazines
available. We also have a channel that is specific for Texas. We have
many active users, and we are always adding new content to our
channel.
We want to continue adding new content to the TABS channel, so we want
to hear from you.
We all have busy lives as students. Write a 250 word article telling
us how you live the life you want as a blind student. The student
division will purchase up to ten banquet tickets. The first ten people
who submit an article, will get the tickets. You can send your
articles to Bre Brown at bre.brown24 at gmail.com. We will be accepting
articles through November 1st.

Membership Survey

We invite you to fill out our membership survey. We value what you
have to say, and TABS is dedicated to helping blind students live the
lives they want through all of our program efforts. You can fill out
the survey at the following link.
http://goo.gl/forms/LyNrqQ0mqV

Preregistration for the TABS Business Meeting

We will be holding our annual business meeting on Friday, November
13th at our state convention. You can preregister at the following
link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/170ln_gu228dbtpIlt0M4gXf338WgNCriDCVdNjGmDW8/viewform?c=0&w=1

Our annual dues are $5.00, and they can be paid at the TABS table in
the exhibit hall between 1:00 and 5:00. If you are a procrastinator
and miss the preregistration window, you’ll also be able to register
on-site then.

Fundraisers at State Convention

TABS will be running two fundraisers at state convention.

Be sure to get your goodies to eat through the weekend. We will be
selling snack packs for $5.00. They will have a variety of candy,
chips, cookies, crackers, among many other snacks, and a bottle of
water. You can buy them at the TABS exhibit hall table on Friday or
from a board member through the weekend.

Be sure to boost your energy for general session on Saturday morning.
We will be selling breakfast tacos in room 920 from 7:15 to 8:30 a.m.
They are one for $3.00 or two for $5.00.