[Txabs] Please provide your commentary on Web access

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Thu Jul 21 16:54:46 UTC 2016

Fellow Federationists,
Please see below the following message from National Federation of the
Blind President Mark Riccobono.

Comments Needed on Web Access:

 As you know, the Department of Justice (DOJ) has issued a
Supplemental Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (SANPRM) on the
question of whether technical standards for web accessibility under
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are needed to
enable people with disabilities to access the services, programs, and
activities offered on state and local government websites. The answer,
of course, is yes; we need technical standards, and we need your help
to make it happen. Please use the webform,
https://nfb.org/titleiisanprm/comments, to submit your comments to
DOJ. For technical assistance, please contact Kyle Walls at
kwalls at nfb.org <mailto:kwalls at nfb.org> .

I encourage you all to please share your comments.

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
1st Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas- Austin Chapter

 Best,

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.