[Txabs] Fwd: Habitat for Humanity community Service event at National Convention

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Mon Jun 6 19:49:08 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Franks <jfranks at nfbtx.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:26:46 -0500
Subject: Habitat for Humanity community Service event at National Convention
To: member at nfbtx.org
Cc: austinchapter at nfbtx.org, txabs at nfbtx.org

Fellow Federationists,
Please see below my signature a great community service event we in
the National Community Service Division are doing at convention!

I would love to see a Texas Presence in working with others from
around the country in the Federation for such a great cause. This is
an excellent opportunity for us to give back to our communities, where
our sighted friends may not know that we do in fact have the
capability to provide community service and not be the ones who are
receiving it.

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas

 Federation family,
   There is still  time to join the Community Service Division  along
with Habitat for Humanity of greater Orlando in participating in a
habitat build community service project.
  This Service Project will be a part of the various activities and
events  set to take place during our 76th convention of the National
Federation of the  Blind, and will be unique in that we as blind
people from across the nation will be taking an active role in
building a home while building up positive attitudes about blindness..
.

 Spaces for this   off-site project,  scheduled to take place on June
30 from  7 am to 2:30 pm, are limited and all  interested are
encouraged to sign up while there is still room.

Interested persons should contact Darian Smith at
president at nfbcommunityservice.org  by Thursday, June 9 should they
have any questions or  should they wish to reserve  a spot for
themselves.

   Yours in the movement,
  Darian

Darian Smith

President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community
Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.