[Txabs] Become a part of the Texas Community Service Committee and help out with the National Division at Convention!!

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Mon May 23 15:16:43 UTC 2016

Fellow Federationists,,

The Texas Community Service Committee is looking for interested
committee members to join us and become part of this growing effort.
We are looking to instill and strengthen the passion that we all have
to help others by giving our time in assisting in the endeavor to
build our communities and to those who do not have the means to help
themselves.

Blindness is not the characteristic that defines us and let us show
that we all have the ability to help others, where society may view us
as the ones needing help. If you would like to become part of our
movement in helping others please email me off list at
jfranks at nfbtx.org

Also, the National Division will be having numerous activities
throughout our National Convention including a Division meeting,
Trivia night, Fundraising efforts as well as other related events. We
are looking for volunteers that would like to help out with these
activities. If you are interested please email me off-list and I will
provide you with the information closer to convention as the details
become more available. We are also looking for anyone who would like
to help in the planning in what goes on at National Convention with
this Division and our related activities.

If you have any questions as well, please feel free to email me and I
would be glad to answer them.

Let us all live the life we want and let’s get involved!

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.