[Txabs] Meet the Tabs Board

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Mon Nov 20 21:05:37 UTC 2017

Fellow Tabsters,

We are excited to announce the newly elected Board of Directors of the
Texas Association of Blind Students:

President:
Harry Staley
School: Texas A&m- San Antonio
Degree path: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Lives in: San Antonio, Texas
Email: hstaley at nfbtx.org
First Vice President:
Daniel Martinez
School: The University of Texas- Brownsville
Degree path: Master’s Degree in Early childhood special education
Lives in: Brownsville, Texas
Email: dmartinez at nfbtx.org
Second Vice President:
Salvador Via
School: Currently a student at the Louisiana Center for the Blind.
Degree path: Salvador plans on attending Texas A&M University for a
Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics
Lives in: McAllen, Texas
Email: salv619 at yahoo.com
Secretary:
Amelia Pellicciotti
School: The  University of Texas- San Antonio
Degree path:  Political Science with a Minor in Global Affairs
Lives in: San Antonio, Texass
Email: lnz488 at my.utsa.edu
Treasurer:
Jonathan Franks
School: Texas State University
Degree path: Master’s Degree in Social work focused in Counseling with
a secondary focus in Disability Rights Advocacy
Lives in: Austin, Texas
Email: jfranks at nfbtx.org
Board Member 1:
Liz Wisecarver
School: Texas A&M
Degree Path: Master’s certificate in Non-profit Management
Lives in: College Station, Texas
Email: lwisecarver at nfbtx.org
Board Member 2:
Qusay Hussein
School: Austin Community College
Degree Path: Qusay plans on transferring to The University of Texas
seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Lives in: Austin, Texas
Email: QusayHussein9 at gmail.com

Please feel free to contact any of the Board members if you have any
questions and how to become more involved with the Texas Association
of Blind Students

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.