[Vabs] NFB of Virginia Student Division welcomes a new Board of Directors

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 04:20:48 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

At the 51st Annual Convention of the NFB of Virginia this past
weekend, the student division held elections. Please join me in
welcoming a new team of leadership to the Commonwealth of Virginia. We
are all very optimistic that this board will be more productive,
focused, and capable to serve the blind students in the Virginia area.

By the January Board Meeting of the NFB of Virginia Affiliate Board of
Directors, I hope to have a draft Constitution ready for a vote. Yes,
new board members, that's a challenge and a call to get working!

The 2009-2010 board includes:
* President: Corbb O'Connor, senior at The George Washington University
* Vice President: Brittany Savage, high school senior at the Virginia
School for the Deaf and Blind
* Secretary: Mike Fish, a graduate student at George Mason University
and teacher of blind students for Arlington County Public Schools
* Treasurer: C. J. Fish, a graduate student at Marymount University
* Board Member: Chelsea Cook, a high school student in Virginia and
board member for the NFB Writers Division

We have a diverse group in terms of age, location, and specialty, and
for that I as President am grateful. Thanks to all who ran for office,
and we hope everyone will stay involved.

If you are a blind student in Virginia receiving this message -- or
you know a blind student in Virginia -- please pass their contact info
along to me or have them get in touch with me.

Sincerely,
Corbb O'Connor, President
NFB of Virginia Student Division

P.S. Dec. 10th is the last day to purchase your Louis Braille
Commemorative Coins! They make great stocking stuffers while
simultaneously correcting the Braille literacy crisis in America.
Details: http://www.Braille.org