[Vabs] FW: EXCEL! - College Bound 2010 for People with Disabilities

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:32:27 UTC 2009

Subject: EXCEL! - College Bound 2010 for People with Disabilities

> Please forward this program for college bound students w/disabilities.
> It is held annually....  Virginia Tech Campus Blacksburg, VA

> College Bound
> College Bound is a college transition program for high school juniors,
> seniors, rising college freshman with disabilities, their parents, and
> professionals in the fields of education, transition and rehabilitation
services.  Established in 1999, College Bound promotes and supports the
success of students with disabilities in higher education. Our three day
program will be held on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia.
Participants will:
> ·Learn self-advocacy skills for college · Explore assistive
> technologies · Participate in an actual college class · Develop
> organization strategies · Explore study skills · Discover campus
> services and activities · Learn from successful college student
> leaders Understand the college accommodation process

> For More Information Contact:
> Jody Thompson
> Center for Academic Enrichment and Excellence (540) 231-5499
> Email: jodyt at vt.edu
> <mailto:jodyt at vt.edu>

> Online information and registration:
> http://www.cpe.vt.edu/collegebound/
<http://www.cpe.vt.edu/collegebound/>

School of Education | Office of Educational Research & Outreach Virginia
Assistive Technology System |

database 4515 (20091016) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4515 (20091016) __________