[Vabs] Virginia Student Leadership Opportunities

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 01:47:52 UTC 2009

Hi Virginia students!

The weekend of October 23-25, 2009, the NFBV will again be hosting
blind and visually-impaired high school students at the National
Center for the Blind in Baltimore for a weekend of fun, leadership
training, and social activities. If you are interested in
participating and are in high school, please contact me off-list and I
will send you the paperwork. Financial assistance for this event is
made possible by a grant from the NFB Imagination Fund.

Secondly, the NFB of Delaware (no, that's not a typo) will hold their
state convention the weekend of October 23-25, 2009...yes, the same
weekend. We Virginians have been invited to participate, and I am
sending Catherine's offer on to you. If you have questions, please
send them directly to Catherine (her e-mail is below). I won't be able
to attend, as I'll be at the student event in Baltimore.

Hope the academic year is off to a good start for all of you!
--Corbb O'Connor

P.S. There is a Braille literacy crisis in America, where only about
10 percent of Blind people know how to read and write Braille. For the
whole story, and to help by purchasing the 2009 Commemorative Silver
Dollar featuring Louis Braille, please take a moment to visit: www.Braille.org
  -- Thanks!

Begin forwarded message: