[Vabs] Elections at National Convention

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat May 21 00:42:12 UTC 2011

The following  Message from nabs secretary Janice Jeang comes on
behalf of the nabs board:
Hello NABS members,

With National Convention quickly approaching, it is once again time for NABS
elections!We will have seven different positions up for election during our
business meeting.

Did you know that as a result of amendments made to the NABS constitution,
as well as to ensure more board continuity, half of the NABS board will be
elected on odd numbered years, half on even. This means that of the seven
positions up, some will be fore two year terms, where as others will only be
up for a term duration of one year.

If you are interested in running for a position, would like to learn more
about the election process- I.e. how we will tally votes, what
responsibilities each position has, etc... as well as if you wish to use the
forum as a campaign space, we wish to hear from you!

Please address an email to
nabs.membership at gmail.com
 expressing your interest in the call, which Sunday in June, would be the
most convenient, and what you are hoping to get out of the call- such as,
hoping to campaign, or are interested in learning more about how NABS will
be tallying votes, etc... in the body of the email. Once we are able to
gauge interest, we will send out more specific information about our
election call!
Hope to hear from all interested Persons!

Kindest Regards,

Janice Jeang

Secretary

National Association of Blind Students