[Vabs] Fwd: [nabs-l] Updated Link: NABS Meeting: Preregister Now! Come Early, and Win an iPod Touch!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:45:23 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: nabs.president at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:20:03 -0400
Subject: [nabs-l] Updated Link: NABS Meeting: Preregister Now! Come
Early, and Win an iPod Touch!
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org, nabs-presidents at nfbnet.org

We have learned that users of some email clients had problems with the
initial preregistration link we sent out. Here is a shorter link, which
should work better, as well as the original announcement below:

http://j.mp/NABS12

Thanks,

Sean

We are excited to announce that NABS will be holding our annual seminar and
business meeting at 7:00pm on Sunday, July 1 in the Stemmons Ballroom of the
Hilton Anatole. This is a change from our location in prior years in Dallas.
The Stemmons Ballroom is located on the lobby level of the atrium side of
the hotel.

Registration for the meeting will open at 6:15pm, and the meeting will begin
promptly at 7:00. We strongly encourage you to come and register early. This
year's agenda is packed, and we don't want you to miss out on any of the
exciting and engaging presentations slated for the meeting. To encourage you
to come a bit early, we will be entering everybody who is registered by 6:45
(not in line to register, but actually through the line and registered) into
the door prize pool twice rather than once. So, you say, what's the big
deal? Well my friends, the big deal is that we have excellent door prizes
this year, including a little bit of cash and an iPod Touch, which was
generously donated to NABS by Learning Ally. We will also be playing a
variety of music in the meeting room during registration for your listening
pleasure. So, come out early, chat with fellow students while waiting, and
double your odds of walking out of the meeting with a brand new iPod Touch!

Do you want to avoid that long registration line? Well, ask, and you shall
receive. Thanks to the hard work of Mr. Tony Olivero, the NABS board is
pleased to offer you the option of preregistering for the meeting. If you
opt to do so, you will only need to provide your name or email address on
meeting day, pay to register, and walk right in. Preregistrants will have
their own faster-moving line and will be able to skip providing all their
contact info. So, click right here and simplify your life!

http://j.mp/NABS12

And, don't worry, as long as you are through the line by quarter to seven,
you too will be double entered to win that iPod, some $$$, or other great
door prizes.

The agenda for the meeting is nearly finalized, and will be circulated via
list serve in the near future.

Please feel encouraged to be in touch with any questions, comments or
concerns.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Dallas Texas!

Sincerely,

Sean Whalen

President, National Association of Blind Students

(608) 332-4147

Nabs.president at gmail.com