[VABS] VABS Movie and Mingle Recap: What Was Missed

Naim Abu-ElHawa nmabuelhawa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 04:31:39 UTC 2017

Hello, All:
Good Day!
Please do consider attending Fairfax Chapter Meetings. Our next one is at The Red, Hot, And Blue, in Fairfax, on Thursday, September 21, 2017. Thank you, all! Thank you much!

Many Thanks And Much Respect.

Sincerely,

Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa

Student: Northern Virginia Community College.
Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students.
Member: National Association of Blind Students.
Member: National Federation of the Blind.

Email Address: nmabuelhawa at gmail.com

Cell Phone Number: (202) 848-8932

"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow."
Robert H. Goddard

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
> Its nerve racking to go to events where you do not know anyone, but you will meet Naim there if you don't know him already, and everyone at meetings is friendly. Some chapters such as Fairfax have dinner first and people order what they wish and get individual checks and other chapters have snacks or no food at all.
> If you want more info on the Fairfax chapter or even need a ride, let me know.
> I'm not promising anything especially about transit as I probably want to meet someone first before inviting them into a family car, but I can provide information and contacts about the chapter. I can forward you chapter announcements if you want as well from President John Bailey.
>
> Take care.
>
> Ashley
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Garrett Kearns via VABS
> Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:01 PM
> To: Virginia Association of Blind Students list
> Cc: Garrett Kearns
> Subject: Re: [VABS] VABS Movie and Mingle Recap: What Was Missed
>
> Ashley,
>
> I didn't go to the event. I'm aware of the Fairfax chapter, but its
> been a while since I've been to a chapter meeting. The Fair City Mall
> theater, Cinema Arts, does have description, but only for certain
> movies. Alot of the ones they show are independent or foreign, but
> their website has information about the movies they're showing, such
> as closed captioning and descriptive video.
>
> www.cinemaartstheatre.com
>
> I go to the Annandale campus if that's what you mean by the main one.
>
> Garrett
>
>> On 8/27/17, Ashley Bramlett via VABS <vabs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Garrett,
>>
>> Did you go to the event? How was the description if you went? You all picked
>>
>> a good restaurant, too. It has a variety of food and most is not too
>> expensive.
>> I'm glad it went well.
>>
>> I'm not much into movies and not horror ones. I'm for romance or commedies.
>> Not sure when the last time I went to the movie was.
>>
>> I heard the new digital systems make the audio description more expensive.
>> Sometimes when I've gone to events, they don't know what audio description
>> is; sometimes they give me the headset and I find out its only an assistive
>>
>> listening device such as the time we went to see the last circus show.
>> There is a theater in Fair city mall. Does this have audio description?
>> What theaters have you been to in the area with descriptive audio?
>>
>> So, you are in this area. You should come to the NFB meetings; either
>> arlington or Fairfax.
>> Fairfax NFB meeting is next at red, Hot, and blue.
>> We could also meet up at Nova if interested. I'll write off list if you want
>>
>> more details about Fairfax NFB or discussing or meeting at Nova campus.
>> Just let me know. Not sure what campus you are at, but if it is the main

>>> throws. Don't let your fear of travel or finance stop you from having a