[VABS] Washington Seminar- VABS DEADLINE CHANGE

Andre Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:13:46 UTC 2017

Good Afternoon Fellow VABS Members,

I hope that this letter finds you all safe and sound.

We have a slight problem, we have yet to receive letters from you
explaining your interactions with inaccessibility materials whether it is
positive or negative for Washington Seminar.

These letters are very important because it allows YOUR legislator to hear
directly from you about the challenges you are encountering at your College
or University. If you haven't had any challenges in school and everything
is doing well so far for you, that is wonderful write a letter explaining
that because equally as important.

As I said in my previous email, we have made significant changes in the
world of disability rights and many of those changes started with letters
from parents, teachers, advocates and especially STUDENTS just like you who
told your stories and let your voices be heard. Each semester, more and
more students are facing the future unprepared because of inaccessible
materials in colleges and universities. This must stop now!! The future is
ours to shape and mold but we must do it together and I am asking for your
help.

As you know, we are raffling off a $25 gift card. Any student who sends us
a letter will be placed in a drawing to win that gift card. Only one letter
per person. We are extending the deadline: ALL letters MUST BE turned in by
January 5, 2018 at 11:59pm.

I strongly ask that you take some time out of your holiday break and please
write your letter. If you need help feel free to contact me or President
Parsons, we  will be glad to assist you.

Yours Sincerely,

Andre' E. Hill

-Chair, Legislative Committee
Virginia Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind

-Member- Planning Activities Committee & Alumni Advisory Council
Maryland Youth Leadership Forum

-Student Member
Electronic Information & Technology Advisory Board
Tidewater Community College

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm
going is what inspires me to travel it.”-Rosalía de Castro