[VABS] Join the Virginia Association of Blind Students Call-In

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 20:14:30 UTC 2017

Howdy Vabsters

So, I want to give you guys an update and important message. VABS will be
planning their first social event. This "Movie Day" will be a chance for
people to match faces and voices with email personalities. I am hoping that
this day to the movies will allow for the VABS members to get comfortable
with each other and spark more activities like this. There are a few things
attached with this:

1.	The VABS movie day will be on Saturday, August 5 in Richmond,
2.	This event will take place after the NFB of Virginia's state board
meeting, which I hope all of you can try to attend. There will be valuable
information there for students about scholarships for college, and more
events. VABS will also be selling lunch and snacks for the event.
3.	The trip to the movies will be funded by VABS, so transportation and
your movie ticket will be paid for. All you need to do is bring money for
snacks if you choose to buy any. For those in high school, we will be
planning times out of when the movie will happen and what time it will end
for your parents. I am going to make a survey on what movie we will go to
see, so your voice will be heard.

To get the scoop on all of this and beginning planning, please call the VABS
conference call at 7pm this Thursday, July 6. We had a great turn out last
month on the conference call and I hope we can do that again. I want this
group to be like family and be strong, plus I am looking for future board
members and interns in the making so please show up and let me know if you
are interested.

To call in for the conference call, the phone number is 641 715 3655 and the
access code is 568305. I look forward to hearing you guys on Thursday.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass