[VABS] Reminder: VABS Conference Call Tonight at 7pm.

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:33:02 UTC 2017

Hello VABSTERS

Just wanted to start by sayingthat I am loving the progress that our list
serve is making. I really feel like this email forum is building our
membership greater and I hope that it continues. I am writing to remind all
of you that we will be having a conference call this evening at 7pm. There
is going to be a lot of decisions being made tonight on the next few months
for our division and I wanted to make sure that we have as many students as
possible present. Now,, I am going to spice up the pot a little bit. Most of
you are aware of the ice breaker challenge that occurred over the weekend.
Thanks to all your efforts in participating, two of our members are
receiving $25 gift cards to Walmart. I am willing to offer another prize, a
virtual door prize, to the 10th students that checks into the conference
call this evening. You must be caller number 10 and you must be present for
the whole conference call or you will be skipped and the next student will
get the prize. I will not announce which caller was the tenth caller until
the end of the call and only then will your prize be announced.  Below are
the things we will be discussing:

1.	The email list serves and its use.
2.	The high school internship program and how to become a part of the
board.
3.	The NFBV state board meeting and how you can be a part of it.
Saturday, August 5, 2017.
4.	The VABS movie trip. Saturday, August 5, 2017.
5.	The VABS bowling trip in October (prospective locations).

The call will start at 7pm sharp so try to get there on time so that you can
hear everything that is going to happen. For those students that attended
our trip to the Jernigan Institute in Baltimore, I have the video package
that our state President, Tracy Soforenko, made. It is amazing and if you
guys attend our convention in November, you will be able to witness it for
yourself. To call in tonight, dial 641 715 1681. When it asks for an access
code, dial 568305. I will see you guys tonight.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass