[VABS] Reminders for VABS Members

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 06:53:55 UTC 2017

Good Morning VABS

I am writing to remind you all that there are a few deadlines swiftly
approaching. Be sure to look through your emails to make sure you are signed
up for everything that you are interested in doing.

1.	VABS Internship Program: This program is ddesigned to fill two
intern positions for the VABS board. One position will be running the
communications part of our division. You will be operating either the
Facebook or Twitter pages. If you feel you have a good knowledge of these
platforms, please feel free to apply. The second intern position will be the
fundraising coordinator. You will be brainstorming with the board on ways
for the division to make money and will be managing the fundraising
operation. If you are interested in either of these positions, please send
me an email with a letter outlining why you want the position and why you
think you are a good fit for the job. The due date for these letters are
Sunday, July 16 at 12pm. Send letters to rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> .
2.	VABS Movie Trip: Time is still left for the VABS movie trip. This
event will take place on Saturday, August 5 and will happen in Richmond. It
will take place after the state board meeting, which I encourage all of you
to attend. Please refer to past postings about this event for the link to
the application. The form must be applied if you plan to attend by Friday,
July 21 at 12pm.

I hope all of you seriously consider taking part in either one or both
opportunities to meet and greet your fellow VABS members. We have so much
more in store for the year. Please feel free to email me if there are any
questions you have about these items.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass