[VABS] Reminder: VABS "Bowl With the Blind"

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:46:04 UTC 2017

Greetings VABS

Time is quickly approaching for the VABS "Bowl with the Blind" on October 7,
2017 from 1pm-5pm. This event will kick off the National Federation of the
Blind of Virginia's celebration of National Meet the Blind Month. This is
your chance to connect with other students, bring your friends and family
out to have an appropriate time on a Saturday, and raise awareness of the
abilities of blind people in our great state.

Being as this is the first division event for Meet the Blind Month in a very
long time, I will challenge you to go outside your comfort zone. This is an
event that is in a city that is further away from usual NFBV events in
Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Northern Virginia. Let's show the power of the
Federation by making a trek to an event to support our students just because
it is an exciting thing to do. We can't raise awareness for independence if
you guys are going to depend on staying home.

We are raffling off an Amazon Tap Bluetooth speaker equipped with Alexa" to
raise funds for more projects, events, and social outings. Come support your
student division and have a wonderful time doing it near the beach.

Location: Pin Boys at the Beach

1577 Laskin Rd. Ste. 100

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

There are so many opportunities to make it to this event. Aside from the
bowling alley being near Greyhound and Amtrak services, the division has
chartered vans going from both Richmond and Northern Virginia. If you are
interested in this opportunity, please feel free to contact Robert Parsons
at 804 801 7674 for prices. We look forward to connecting with you at the
bowling alley.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass