[VABS] Nominating Committee

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:03:40 UTC 2017

Good Morning VABS

With our estate convention and elections looming upon us, I began to consult
with the national student board and our state leaders to find out what would
be the most judicious way to run elections. The reason I chose to do this is
because I, like the national student division and state affiliate, wanted to
avoid this election becoming a popularity contest and want to assure our
newest leaders are elected based off merit and what they have contributed to
this division thus far. Therefore, VABS will begin a new tradition. This
year's election will incorporate a nominating committee, where three
students will determine a slate based off who they think have serviced this
division well in the last year. This slate is not set in stone, but it will
represent the thought of majority of the division on who they think can run
this division best. The rules of this committee members are:

1.	The person will not be permitted to run for any position themselves.
2.	The committee cannot share the slate until convention.
3.	Only the President will get prior notice of what the slate will be
before elections.

With that being explained, I have selected Emmanuel Finnell to chair this
committee. He, along with Sharon Jose and Tracy Jones, will be charged with
selecting the slate for next year's potential board of the Virginia
Association of Blind Students. Remember, the board would appreciate it if
you did not ask them or Emmanuel any questions about who they choose for the
slate and if you disagree with the slate or a person chosen for a position,
you can nominate someone or yourself off the floor at the election.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass