[VABS] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Comments on UN Designation of World Braille Day

André Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:27:43 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Danielsen, Chris via NFBNet-Members-List <
nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Dec 18, 2018, 1:46 AM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Comments on
UN Designation of World Braille Day
To: Danielsen, Chris <CDanielsen at nfb.org>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

National Federation of the Blind Comments on UN Designation of World
Braille Day

Baltimore, Maryland (December 17, 2018): The National Federation of the
Blind issued the following statement on today's passage by the United
Nations of a resolution designating January 4 of each year as World Braille
Day:

"From the time of its invention nearly two hundred years ago, Braille has
represented independence, literacy, and opportunity for blind people," said
Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind. "Though
its adoption was slow at first, it is now used around the world in most
written languages. I personally benefit from using Braille every day and am
grateful that I had the opportunity to learn it. The National Federation of
the Blind knows that Braille is the key to success for blind people across
the globe, and we commend the United Nations for recognizing this fact by
designating January 4 - Louis Braille's birthday - as World Braille Day."

###

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, is
the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans. Founded
in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the
fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of
blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families
with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. We
believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to
transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and
initiatives at www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>.

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for
your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.