[VABS] National Scholarship Application Party: All Are Invited!

Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa nmabuelhawa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 20:49:20 UTC 2018

Dear All VABS Members:

Good Day!  Now, with the nation's blind taking to Capitol Hill this week,
one of the bills we advocated for, and will continue to advocate for, is The
Accessible Instructional Materials in Higher Education Act (The AIM-HIGH
Act), (H.R. 1772 in The House, and S-2138 in The Senate).  Well, I just
dropped one of the answers for the virtual door prize this evening.  Anyway,
our work on The Hill must be accompanied by our students living the lives
they want.  The plethora of scholarship opportunities offered by the NFB are
in support of this cause; never allow tight finances to hinder your dreams
and post-secondary pursuits.

We understand that the application process may appear to be rather
cumbersome.  How could we make the tedious process of filling out the
scholarship application fun?

HOW ABOUT A PARTY!!!

Yes!  All are invited to an informal gathering on Saturday, February 10,
2018.  We can answer each other's questions, motivate each other, and have a
good time while at it.  May somebody toss me a slice of pizza, please???
(Smiley.)

As we gather together as friends, we could hopefully reconvene as
scholarship finalists at National Convention this July.  On top of taking
advantage of this opportunity to complete one's scholarship application, get
one's needed answers to many questions, and having a good time with fellow
students and Federationists, the opportunity of identifying a peer editor of
one's personal statement presents itself.  We all acknowledge the
significant importance of proofreading.

Come One, Come All!

WHEN:  Saturday, February 10, 2018, from 12:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.

WHERE:  The Abu-El Hawa Residence.  8226 2nd Avenue, Vienna, Virginia,
22182.

We look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday, February 10.  Please feel
free to spread the word, as we would love to have more brains to pick and
more questions to be answered.  Trust me, it is always refreshing to get
work done, while simultaneously having fun.  Plus, hospitality is our
strength.  If there are any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please
feel free to reach out to me, Naim Abu-El Hawa, via email at:
nmabuelhawa at gmail.com <mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com>

Or, feel free to reach me via phone or text at: (202) 848-8932

Many thanks and much respect.

Sincerely,

Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa

Vice President: Virginia Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind

Email: nmabuelhawa at gmail.com <mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com>

Cell: (202) 848-8932