[VABS] Join the Chili Hootenanny In Richmond

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:56:15 UTC 2018

Howdy Virginia Federationists

I know, I know. Life is busy. What with the Patriots going down in flames
last week and the Dow Jones going with them, I know that the last thing that
is on our mind is an event that is a month away. However, your tummies will
thank me for this plug. This is just a quick reminder for those chili, cake,
and fun lovers that the Richmond Chapter Chili Cookoff is on Saturday, March
24, 2018. Thus far, we are looking at a few unique creations and variations
of chili in the running for the NFBV's most delicious title of the year,
Best Chili Chef. I have even gone as far as preparing a championship belt
that the winner will wear and cherish for the entire year until it is time
to defend their title in 2019. Regardless of the title, all participants and
attendees are encouraged to compete or attend to create lasting memories
that the chapters, divisions and affiliate will be able to reminisce on for
years to come. Here's the info:

Time 11AM-3pm

Location: St. Bridget's Catholic Church

6006 Three Chopt Rd.

Richmond, VA

Attendees: $7 in advance | $10 at the door

Contestants: $10

Remember, all contestants trying to enter the competition must contact
Gerald Meredith, event coordinator, at 804.2433980 on or before Saturday,
March 10, 2018 with their entrance fee, type of Chili being entered, and
contact information. If you have any questions about the event, please
contact Brittany Fraer at 804.274.8908 or myself at 804.801.7674. I'm very
interested to see which chapter brings home the title this year and even
more interested to taste all the delicious entries. Remember, donations of
any form are welcomed. Please contact me if you want to provide anything.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass