[VABS] Last Chance: Win $25 for Applying for NFB National Scholarship

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 06:04:22 UTC 2018

Howdy Vabsters

The deadline for the VABS "Win for Trying" contest is approaching. If you
guys don't remember, VABS is willing to enter you in for a raffle for $25 in
cash if you successfully complete the application for the NFB National
Scholarship by Thursday, February 15, 2018. To do this, go to www.nfb.org,
fill out the necessary fields in the application, upload required documents
to the application, and submit the application. After this, you will get a
confirmation email. Send that to Robert Parsons, President, at
rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> . Once that is
done, request an interview with Tracy Soforenko, NFBV Affiliate President
via email or phone. This must be complete by 11:59pm on February 15, 2018. I
will pull the winning name in a drawing on Facebook Live on February 16,
2018 at 12pm. I will share this video on our Twitter page, vabs_students and
it can be accessed on both platforms by typing #VABSScholars into the search
boxes. Don't forget to follow our Facebook page, "Virginia Association of
Blind Students," in order to stay in the loop of all VABS activities and
network with our students. Good luck and I hope to read many names on Friday
when I receive the completion list.

Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass