[VABS] Reminder: VABS Conference Call Thursday

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 18:32:44 UTC 2018

Good Afternoon VABS

On the heels of my experience at the Jernigan Institute this weekend with 26
student division Presidents and a multitude of state affiliate Presidents, I
have received so much insight and knowledge on what we as a division can do
to remain active, cohesive, and successful. So, I do have some great news. I
have spoken to many leaders about the dilemma we were having with figuring
out where we stand with a possible retreat and how our affiliate can be
involved. This Thursday, our VABS call will have a few special guests. At
8pm on February 1, the VABS call will include Tracy Soforenko (affiliate
President), Kathryn Webster (NABS President), Elaina Crew (MDABS President),
and Kenya Flores (NCABS President). Together with these leaders, I will fill
you in on exciting opportunities to make this summer event a memorable one.
Don't forget to call in on time and be ready to participate and let your
voices be heard.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass