[VABS] FW: [Nfbv-announce] 2018 National Convention Agenda attached

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:19:36 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBV-Announce <nfbv-announce-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sarah Patnaude via NFBV-Announce
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:31 PM
To: Sarah Patnaude via NFBV-Announce <nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Nfbv-announce] 2018 National Convention Agenda attached

>From Tracy Soforenko, President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

Hi,

The 2018 National Convention Agenda is now posted to the web site and pasted below. It is also attached in Word format.

https://nfb.org/convention

|  |
|  |  |

  2018 ANNUAL CONVENTION

ORLANDO, FLORIDA

JULY 3 to JULY 8

THE MEMBERS OF THE

HOST AFFILIATE COMMITTEE

WELCOME YOU TO THE

78th ANNUAL CONVENTION OF THE

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

John Berggren, Chairman

Convention Organization and Activities

Tracy Soforenko, President                                          Denise Valkema, President

National Federation of the Blind                National Federation of the Blind

of Virginia                                                                                            of Florida

Jerad Nylin, President

Rosen Shingle Creek

9939 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819

866-996-9939

WELCOME!

Welcome to the 78th annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind being held in Orlando at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel. A detailed description of the layout of the hotel can be found immediately after the “Convention Notes,” which are at the end of the program listings. Check the “Convention Notes” for further information about a variety of convention topics. When you check in to the hotel, you will be asked to confirm your departure date. If you decide to leave earlier than the departure date you confirm when you check in, there may be a change fee.

ROOKIE ROUNDUP

All first-time convention attendees are cordially invited to attend a reception from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday in the Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1. President Riccobono and other Federation leaders will be on hand to welcome you to the convention and preview the week’s activities. Veteran conventioneers should urge all first-timers to attend this special event.

INCLUSIVITY, DIVERSITY, AND SOCIAL CONDUCT

As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.

The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:

   - harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity

   - sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact

   - public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)

Participants are expected to observe these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and convention social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately.

For assistance or to report an incident, please call 443-457-3401. All reports will be fully investigated according to the steps outlined in our code of conduct. Based on the information found in the investigation, appropriate action will be taken and may involve staff, organization leaders, and legal counsel. Based on the circumstances, hotel security and/or law enforcement may become involved, when appropriate.

We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. These principles have been delineated in our recently adopted code of conduct found at https://nfb.org/code-conduct.

PREREGISTRATION AND ON-SITE REGISTRATION

Registration activities take place in the Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function area, Level 1 beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, and at other times as listed throughout the week. All convention attendees (both local and out‑of‑town) are asked to register. Those who preregistered for convention may pick up their registration packets in the area designated “Preregistration.” Those who did not preregister may go to the area designated “Registration.” Please have your check or cash ready to pay the registration fee of $30 per person; we cannot accept credit cards at registration. Convention registration is a requirement for door prize eligibility and a number of other convention activities. We condition rates for hotel rooms on proof of registration, including the showing of an NFB registration badge, if requested.

EXHIBIT HALL AND INDEPENDENCE MARKET

The Exhibit Hall and the NFB Independence Market are located in Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1. There is a special sponsor-only exhibitor preview for convention attendees on Wednesday morning from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.

Exhibit Hall hours of operation are:

Wednesday        9:00 to 11:00 AM (sponsors only)

Wednesday        11:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Thursday                             8:30 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday                    Noon to 1:45 PM and 7:00 to 9:00 PM

Saturday                              Noon to 1:45 PM (final opportunity to visit the Exhibit Hall)

Independence Market hours of operation are:

Wednesday        9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Thursday                             8:30 AM to 5:00 PM

Friday                    Noon to 1:45 PM

Saturday                              Noon to 1:45 PM (final opportunity to visit the Market)

KNFB READER VERSION 3.0 FOR iOS IS HERE!

KNFB Reader uses the power of digital photography to read print on the go, using your iOS, Android, or Windows 10 phone or tablet or your Windows 10 computer. Come see this award-winning, life-changing technology in our demonstration room on Wednesday or Thursday from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Wekiwa 7, Level 2. See the new features for iOS version 3.0. Access that inaccessible print or PDF by purchasing your copy of KNFB Reader Enterprise in the Independence Market—just point, shoot, and read!

 SPECIAL ATTENTION ITEMS

   - The Presidential Suite (13217); Dr. Maurer’s Suite (13216); and the Host Affiliate’s Suite (11230) are all open during much of the convention. All are welcome to come to these suites to visit. Appointments to meet with President Riccobono may be made at the Presidential Suite.

   - Banquet tickets may be purchased for $70 by cash or check at the on-site registration area. No tickets will be available after 2:00 p.m. on Friday. At the banquet ticket exchange table you may make arrangements to reserve a specific seat for yourself or for a group of up to ten people. On the evening of the banquet, tickets will be required to enter the ballroom and will be collected at the tables. Tickets may be exchanged for vegetarian or kosher meals at the banquet ticket exchange table if done so by 2:00 p.m. on Friday.

   - Banquet ticket exchange will be available across from the Sebastian registration counter at the following times:

Thursday                             Noon to 2:00 PM

Friday                                    8:45 to 9:15 AM and Noon to 2:00 PM

Saturday                              8:15 to 8:45 AM and Noon to 2:00 PM

Sunday                                 8:15 to 8:45 AM and Noon to 2:00 PM

   - General Sessions will be held in Sebastian Ballrooms I and J, Level 1.

   - Individuals needing to conduct business with the NFB treasurer may do so by going to the Wekiwa Registration Desk, Level 2 on Friday between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., or on Saturday between noon and 2:00 p.m.

CONVENTION AGENDA

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2018

7:30 - 8:45 AM—AMATEUR RADIO DIVISION—EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS

Suwannee 11, Level 2

Discuss convention frequencies, hotel architectural features, and distribution of special FM receivers for the hearing-impaired and Spanish-speaking attendees. Rachel Olivero (AD9O), President

7:30 AM - 4:45 PM—TOOLS IN MY TOOLBOX: A CONFERENCE FOR FAMILIES AND TEACHERS OF BLIND/VISUALLY-IMPAIRED CHILDREN

Registration: Adults, $40; two or more adults, $70; children (to 18), free. Sponsored by NFB’s National Organization of Parents of Blind Children Division (NOPBC). Kim Cunningham, President

Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1

7:30-8:45 AM—Registration

9:00-10:45 AM—General Session

11:00 AM-12:15 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session I

Essential 411: How to Optimize Your Convention Experience—Suwannee 13, Level 2

Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Accounts: How Might They Benefit My Blind Child?—Suwannee 18, Level 2

Tools and Best Practices for Helping Blind Elementary School Students Succeed in Math—Suwannee 19, Level 2

>From Infant to Young Adult: Braille and Tactile Markings Everyday—Suwannee 20, Level 2

2:00-3:15 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session II

Transitions: Preparing Teens for College and Career—
Suwannee 13, Level 2

Tools and Best Practices for Teaching Higher Level Math—Suwannee 18, Level 2
Structured Discovery: How to Encourage Independent Travel and Exploration for All Children—Suwannee 19, Level 2

Making It Work: Creating Classrooms Where Blind Children of All Ages Can Learn and Thrive—Suwannee 20, Level 2

3:30-4:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session III

Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Accounts: How Might They Benefit My Blind Child?—Suwannee 13, Level 2

Hands-On Math: Explore the Tools Which Will Help Your Child Succeed in Math at All Levels—Suwannee 18, Level 2

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

3:30-4:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session III (cont’d.)

Print or Braille? I Use Both—Suwannee 19, Level 2

I’m Blind and That’s OK!: Helping Your Child Develop Self- Confidence and Self-Esteem—Suwannee 20, Level 2

7:30 AM - 5:00 PM—CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION FOR THE BLIND—SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL REHABILITATION AND ORIENTATION & MOBILITY CONFERENCE

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

7:30-8:30 AM—Registration

8:30 AM—Conference begins

Registration Fees: students, $75; professionals, $85 before June 15
($100 after that date applies).

Sponsors: National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB) and the Professional Development & Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB) at the Louisiana Tech University. Dr. Edward Bell, Chairperson

8:30 AM—CHILD-CARE SERVICES (Preregistration by June 15 was required) Suwannee 14, 15, 16, and 17, Level 2

Please see “Convention Note 6” for further information.

8:30 - 11:30 AM—WHAT’S NEW WITH JAWS 2018 AND OTHER VFO SOFTWARE INCLUDING SPECIAL LICENSING CHANGES FOR HOME USE

Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1

Join Eric Damery to discuss special Home Use pricing opportunities for NFB members. See demonstrations of significant feature changes and interesting options in JAWS and ZoomText to improve your day-to-day access to the internet, email, and applications from Office 365 and Google Docs.

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM—JERNIGAN INSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY SEMINARS

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

8:30-8:45 AM—Strategic Nonvisual Access Program (SNAP)

8:45-10:20 AM—Accessible Electronic Documents Including PDF and EPUB

10:30 AM-11:50 AM—Intuit: How Accessible Is It? Mr. Ted Drake, Intuit Corp

1:30-3:00 PM—Microsoft Narrator: What You Should Know from a

Consumer Perspective

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

3:40-5:00 PM—Mobile Productivity: Android vs. iOS

9:00 AM - 12:15 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

10:00 - 11:00 AM—MASTER THE BASICS OF MANAGING YOUR MONEY

Wekiwa 3, Level 2

In this session, you’ll discover the benefits of using a financial institution, opening checking and savings accounts, and keeping track of your money. Learn how to choose checking and savings accounts that are right for you; make purchases and pay bills with ATM cards, debit cards, and checks; track and manage your transactions; and avoid or minimize fees. In addition, learn the basics of budgeting and gain access to tools to help you create a personal spending plan.

10:00 AM - 2:00 PM—NF-BE Healthy Fair

Sebastian Ballroom J, Level 1

Join the NFB Sports & Recreation Division and WE Fit Wellness for a hands-on health and exercise experience. Learn about your health, donate blood, check out accessible activity trackers and other health devices, and try some fun activities like sword fighting, cardio drumming, goalball, and more.

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM—USING CREDIT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

Wekiwa 3, Level 2

Learn the basics of credit, including information on credit scores, how to obtain and read a credit report, and how to establish a good credit history. In addition, you’ll learn how to use your credit to your advantage to help you achieve your goals and dreams. Attend this session to learn about the types of loans available; how to shop for, compare and choose a loan product; how to choose a lender; and how to protect yourself from risk.

12:00 - 6:00 PM—NFB KRAFTERS MARKETPLACE

Panzacola Ballroom H-4, Level 1

Looking for that one of a kind souvenir from convention? Want to support Federation entrepreneurs? Shop the Krafters marketplace for beautiful and unique handmade creations. Help celebrate our tenth birthday! Joyce Kane, President

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

1:00 - 3:00 PM—EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Face off with experts from the Employment Committee who will give you advice and answer your questions. Learn about new technology and resources, too. Looking for a job? Bring your résumé! Looking for an employee? Bring your job posting! Networking abounds. Suggestions welcome. Dick Davis, Chairperson

1:00 - 5:00 PM—HIMS USER GROUPS

Wekiwa 8, Level 2

1:00 PM—User group: Braille displays

HIMS pushes the Braille display envelope (over the Edge)! Get a sneak peek at something new (really new). Join the HIMS team for a look at the future of Braille displays–and the Braille display of the future.

3:00 PM—User Group: Polaris

The Polaris MINI is here. It's tiny, but it isn't small. It's huge. Find out what this pint-size powerhouse is all about—but don't forget about the 32-cell big brother. Choices: more Braille or greater portability? Join the HIMS team for a look at the biggest little notetaker ever. Where should we set the bar?

1:00 - 5:00 PM—GUIDE DOG USERS ANNUAL SEMINAR

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

1:00 PM—Registration

2:00 PM—Presentations

A board-certified emergency veterinarian will share how to assess if your dog’s health issue is an emergency needing immediate attention. We will also address the issue of counterfeit service animals and discuss ways to solve the problem. Marion Gwizdala, President, National Association of Guide Dog Users Division

1:00 - 5:00 PM—HUMANWARE PRODUCT SHOWCASE AND USER GROUPS

Sebastian I-3, Level 1

1:00-2:00 PM—BrailleNote Touch, the world’s first Google-certified Braille tablet: simple, efficient, intuitive, and powerful. Join the HumanWare team to learn about the latest updates and enhancements while having fun. In addition, get a sneak preview of our upcoming KeySoft update.

2:00-3:00 PM—Brailliant BI 14: Our smallest Braille display yet boasts cutting-edge intelligence and innovative features made with the mobile professional in mind. Learn to stay connected and productive on the go.

3:00-4:00 PM—VictorReader Trek: Victor Readers Unite. Join HumanWare with your ideas for an open discussion and demonstration of what is new with both the Victor Reader Stream and Trek.

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

4:00-5:00 PM—Innovations of the Future: Listening to our customers is what makes innovation desirable and imperative. What are the barriers you face? What frustrates you when it comes to technology? Participate in an open forum to share your technology ideas and feedback to our experts.

2:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

3:00 - 5:00 PM—BLIND CANCER SURVIVORS SUPPORT GROUP

Wekiwa 3, Level 2
Join us for a meet and greet, a panel discussion, and personal stories of strength and courage. Our group's purpose is to help all cancer survivors get well and stay well, to offer preventive measures, and to create a platform for cohesive dialogue and information dissemination. Isaiah Nelson, Coordinator

3:00 - 8:30 PM—SPORTS AND RECREATION WORKSHOP
Panzacola Ballroom G-2, Level 1

3:00-4:00 PM—Eating Healthy on a Budget: Eating healthy does not have to come with a hefty price tag. Come learn tips and tricks for eating healthy while keeping money in your wallet.

4:30-5:30 PM—Anytime Anywhere Exercise: Learn exercises that you can do anywhere, anytime, and with little to no equipment. You are guaranteed to get a full body workout.

6:00-7:00 PM—Essential Oils 101: Come learn how essential oils offer natural solutions for weight management, stress, sleep, anxiety, depression, pain, sinuses, or allergy issues.

7:00-8:00 PM—Yin Yoga: Come unwind after a long day of convention activities! Yin yoga, a simple but definitely not easy form of yoga, allows the most novice student to learn and provides enough challenge for the most advanced yogi.

8:00-8:30 PM—Meditation and Mindfulness: Leave your stress at the door and focus on the now as we guide you through powerful meditation exercises.

Sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division, Jessica Beecham, President.

5:00 - 7:00 PM—HISPANIC SEMINAR

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Blindness is blindness, no matter what the language. Meet new and old friends; learn about Federation philosophy and the truth about blindness—in Spanish. Alpidio Rolón, Moderator

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

5:00 - 7:30 PM—MIX-AND-MINGLE RECEPTION FOR REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS

Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

5:30 - 7:00 PM—NOPBC FAMILY HOSPITALITY

Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1

Relax, snack, chat, meet new families and teachers, and connect with old friends. Veteran attendees will be on hand to welcome you and provide information. Free admission with 2018 NOPBC Conference name badge;
$15 per adult, $5 per child without badge. Pizza and lemonade will be served. Cosponsored by the National Organization of Professionals in Blindness Education, a Division of the NFB.

6:00 - 8:30 PM—EXHIBITORS SHOWCASE PRESENTED BY THE TECHNOLOGY EVALUATION COMMITTEE

Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1

Come explore ways to evaluate new products. Hear the technology-related exhibitors briefly explain what they are exhibiting and where they are located in the Exhibit Hall. All are welcome. Mark Jones, Chairperson

6:00 - 10:00 PM—LIVING THE GUIDE DOG USER LIFE YOU WANT!

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

6:00 PM—Registration

7:00 PM—Presentations
Learn about getting, working with, and retiring a guide dog. Sessions include: Is It Time? The Struggle of Letting Go; Harness Up: The Process of Getting a Guide Dog and Beyond; and Guide Dog Show and Tail. Marion Gwizdala, President, National Association of Guide Dog Users Division

6:30 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND OFFICE PROFESSIONALS

Suwannee 19, Level 2

6:30 PM—Registration

Learn about assistive technology in the workplace, training opportunities, and any job announcements available. Lisa Hall, President

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

7:00 - 8:30 PM—LIVING HISTORY GROUP

Suwannee 20, Level 2

Dedicated to recording, preserving, and appreciating Federation history. Michael Freholm, Chairperson

7:00 - 9:30 PM—SENIORS DIVISION SEMINAR—EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS—ARE YOU PREPARED? ($5)

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

7:00 PM—Registration

7:30 PM—Meeting

Be informed on how you can survive the unknown of emergencies—whether to stay in place or evacuate. Learn simple ways you can sustain yourself and those with you for several days. Ask questions and share ideas with experts in the field. Ruth Sager, President

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

7:30 - 9:30 PM—NABS STUDENT NETWORKING

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

Swing by the National Association of Blind Students networking event to make new friends and reconnect with old ones, chat with NABS members and leaders about our division or anything else that’s on your mind, and join us for fun to kick off the convention week! Kathryn Webster, President

8:00 - 9:00 PM—WHITE CANE AND AFFILIATE FINANCE COMMITTEE

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Are there new and ingenious ways to collect money and spread the word about the NFB? I’m sure there are. Come and share your ideas on how to fund our movement. Alpidio Rolón, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:30 PM—ROOKIE ROUNDUP

Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1

First-time convention attendees—don’t miss this event! President Riccobono and former rookies will be on hand to welcome you and answer questions about the week’s activities. Pam Allen, Director of the Louisiana Center for the Blind, President of the NFB of Louisiana, Chairperson and Vice President of the Board of Directors of the National Federation of the Blind

 TUESDAY, JULY 3, Continued

8:00 PM - Midnight—KARAOKE NIGHT♫♫ (admission: $6)

Panzacola Ballrooms F-3 and F-4, Level 1

Here’s your chance to sing like a rock star and help support BLIND, Inc. youth programs. Enjoy music, door prizes, and a cash bar as you learn about innovative programs at BLIND, Inc. Show us your talent! Hosted by BLIND, Incorporated.

9:00 - 10:00 PM—NFB AMBASSADORS COMMITTEE MEETING

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

Dan Burke, Chairperson

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2018

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—REGISTRATION ($30) AND BANQUET TICKET
SALES ($70)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM—INDEPENDENCE MARKET

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

9:00 - 11:00 AM—SPONSOR-LEVEL EXHIBITORS PREVIEW

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

The Exhibit Hall opens its doors and is dedicated solely to sponsor-level exhibitors. Come to say “thank you” to our sponsors and enjoy their interesting offers and demonstrations. Our exhibiting convention sponsors follow:

Platinum:

Aira Tech Corp; Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec; Google, Inc.; HumanWare; Microsoft Corporation; Vanda Pharmaceuticals

Gold:

Oracle; HIMS, Inc.; JPMorgan Chase & Co.; Target

Silver:

Amazon, Automattic (WordPress.com), AT&T, Pearson, Sprint

Bronze:

Charter Communications, Educational Testing Service (ETS), Lyft, NReach, VitalSource Technologies

White Cane:

C&P - Chris Park Design; Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind; Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind; Duxbury Systems, Inc.; En-Vision America; Envision, Inc.; Federal Bureau of Investigation; OrCam Technologies; San Francisco Lighthouse for the Blind; TRE Legal Practice

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

11:00 AM - 5:00 PM—EXHIBIT HALL

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

1:00 PM—RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

Sebastian Ballroom J, Level 1

Sharon Maneki, Chairperson

1:00 - 2:15 PM—HOW THE ABLE ACT BENEFITS YOU

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

The ABLE Act affords individuals whose onset of blindness was before age twenty-six the ability to establish tax-advantaged savings accounts without interfering with government benefits. Learn more from this ABLE account expert. Eric Ochmanek, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the State Treasurer of Ohio

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH STYLE SHOW

Wekiwa 8, Level 2

1:00 PM—Rehearsal

2:45 PM—Style Show begins

Our young blind models and NFB stars strut their stuff on the runway. We extend a special invitation to our kids with additional disabilities. Come enjoy the fashions and music and support NOPBC. Tickets $5 at the door. Penny Duffy,
Secretary, NOPBC, and Kim Cunningham, President, NOPBC

1:00 - 4:00 PM—BLIND MUSICIANS GROUP

Suwannee 19, Level 2

Share tips and ideas, ask questions and network with other blind musicians. Parents and students are welcome. Linda Mentink, Chairperson

1:00 - 5:00 PM—DEAFBLIND HOPE: HAVE ONLY POSITIVE EXPECTATIONS

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

Join our workshop designed to give unique solutions and create positive changes for those who live with a combined loss of hearing/sight: SSPs, deafblind culture, ensuring medical accommodations, and more. Shake your booty with a deafblind conga line! Sponsored by the NFB Deaf-Blind Division; Alice Eaddy, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

1:00 - 5:00 PM—MICROSOFT PRODUCT SHOWCASE I

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

1:00 PM—Accessibility in Windows: Learn about the accessibility features in Windows 10, including features recently introduced in the April 2018 update.

2:00 PM—Microsoft Soundscape Training: Learn how to use Soundscape's 3D audio technology to enhance your awareness of what is around you to help you get around and explore your surroundings. This hands-on training will help you effectively use the Soundscape app in various scenarios and settings. An iPhone 5S and above with the app and a pair of stereo headsets is required.

4:00 PM—What’s New with Narrator: Come hear about the features being developed for the next release of Narrator.

1:00 - 6:00 PM—KNFB READER OPEN HOUSE: LEARN HOW TO POINT, SHOOT, AND READ!

Wekiwa 7, Level 2

Witness the power of the fastest and most accurate print-reading app in person. Learn how version 3.0 for iOS and its new features can give you fast, reliable, and independent access to printed information. Get your questions answered and request a demonstration from KNFB Reader experts.

1:00 - 6:00 PM—NFB-NEWSLINE® DEMONSTRATION OPEN HOUSE

Wekiwa 7, Level 2

NFB-NEWSLINE’s five hundred publications, including sixty magazines, can help you become a part of your community’s conversation and live the life you want. Our NFB-NEWSLINE experts are here to answer your questions. Not a subscriber? We can sign you up on the spot!

1:00 - 8:00 PM—INSPIRING ARTISTS, BEGINNERS TO PROS

Panzacola Ballroom H-4, Level 1

1:00-5:00 PM—Drop-in Activities: Free activities for all! Make tactile drawings, color or sculpt on your own work OR join Jenny Callahan to work on a large group project. Art-making fun at its best.

6:00-8:00 PM—Tactile Artist to Tactile Artist Exhibit: Find and share inspiration with your peers. Price of admission? One piece of tactile/multi-sensory artwork to share with each other. This positive feedback event will give us a chance to talk about our work and ask questions. Public event on July 5. Deborah Kent Stein and Ann Cunningham, Coordinators

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

1:00 - 8:30 PM—JOB SEEKER SEMINAR

Wekiwa 3, Level 2

1:00 PM—Seminar

4:00 PM—Dinner Break

6:00 PM—Breakouts

Load up with ammunition for your job hunt! Expert advice and great ideas from NFB training centers, agencies, and employers. Includes breakouts and networking. Set your sights for the NFB National Job Fair. Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee, Dick Davis, Chairperson

2:00 - 5:00 PM—GOOGLE PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION

Sebastian Ballrooms I-3, Level 1

2:00 PM—Google G Suite Accessibility: Join Roger to learn more about the latest accessibility improvements to Google G Suite apps, including Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and more.

2:45 PM—Google Home & Google Assistant: Discover the many capabilities of Google Home, the eyes-free Google Assistant device designed to enhance your home environment.

3:30 PM—Android Accessibility: Join us for an overview of Android accessibility and recent updates. Learn about the latest developments in TalkBack and the Android operating system.

4:15 PM—Chromebook Accessibility: Join Laura to learn about the accessibility features built into every Chromebook, including the ChromeVox screen reader, Braille support, magnification, and more.

2:30 - 5:00 PM—PROFESSIONALS IN BLINDNESS EDUCATION

Suwannee 13, Level 2

2:30 PM—Registration

3:00 PM—Meeting

All professionals working with students from birth through age twenty-one are welcome and encouraged to join our informative and interactive meeting. Come network and collaborate, sharing and learning with colleagues and future educators. Eric Guillory, President

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

2:30 - 8:30 PM—SPORTS & RECREATION WORKSHOPS

Sebastian Ballroom I-2, Level 1

2:30-4:00 PM and 4:00-6:30 PM—1Touch Self Defense Workshops ($10 per session): Come experience self-defense designed with blind people in mind.

6:30-7:30 PM—Accessible Exercise: There’s an app for that! Come learn and share your knowledge of accessible exercise apps. We will even give some of them a try!

7:30-8:30 PM—Relaxation and Meditation: Wind down with essential oils, self-massage, and guided meditation.

Sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division, Jessica Beecham, President

3:00 - 5:30 PM—BECOME A TRAILBLAZER

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Are you a high school or college student, recent graduate, or young professional who is ambitious and goal-oriented? Get the ins and outs of advocacy, branding yourself, and paving your path forward. Learn tools for interviewing, public speaking, networking, and becoming the trailblazer you are ready to be! Kathryn Webster, President, National Association of Blind Students

4:15 - 5:45 PM—TWENTY-FIRST ANNUAL MOCK TRIAL (admission: $5)

Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1

Federation lawyers oppose each other to enact a case addressing the civil rights of blind people, and the audience serves as the jury. The subject matter is serious, but the courtroom portrayers are very entertaining. Scott LaBarre, President, National Association of Blind Lawyers

5:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND VETERANS RECEPTION AND MEETING

Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

5:00 PM—Veterans Welcome Reception with food and cash bar

7:00 PM—National Meeting

All veterans and interested parties are invited to attend. We will be collecting annual dues of $5 / $100 life membership and discussing issues that affect blind veterans’ benefits and services at the VA. Dwight Sayer, President

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

5:30 - 7:00 PM—NFB AFFILIATE PRESIDENTS AND TREASURERS SEMINAR

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

All state affiliate presidents and treasurers are asked to attend this session. Topics will include state financials, year-end preparations, chapter-affiliate relations, and insurance. Participants can discuss state issues with facilitators Nick Lambright and Bridgid Burke.

6:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION TO PROMOTE THE USE
OF BRAILLE

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

6:00 PM—Registration

Learn about Braille-related research, discuss current projects with vendors who produce Braille through hard copy and technology, review UEB progress, and develop strategies for strengthening our division. Steve Booth, President

6:00 - 10:30 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS (NABS)

Panzacola Ballrooms F-1 and F-2, Level 1

6:00 PM—Registration ($5)
7:00 PM—Meeting begins promptly

Students, young professionals, parents, and all interested in the pursuit of education are encouraged to attend our annual business meeting. Join our students from across the country to discuss the future of our flourishing division. Kathryn Webster, President

7:00 - 8:30 PM—PUBLIC EMPLOYEES DIVISION

Suwannee 19, Level 2

This is our annual meeting of persons employed by federal, state, or municipal governments as well as employees of public utilities. We discuss issues affecting blind public servants. Ivan Weich, President

7:00 - 9:00 PM—KNFB READER LIAISON MEETING

Wekiwa 7, Level 2

All KNFB Reader liaisons are requested to attend this review of version 3.0 and the new features for iOS. We will also be discussing how you can best market KNFB Reader in your state. We are interested in hearing your ideas for upgrades and improvements to the app. Bring your creativity and your questions.

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, Continued

7:00 - 9:00 PM—LEGISLATIVE MEET UP

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

A recap of Washington Seminar, a run-down of priorities, and an opportunity for legislative directors to share with one another strategies to move our legislative priorities at the local, state, and federal levels. Gabe Cazares, Kimie Eacobacci, and Dylan Hedtler-Gaudette, NFB Government Affairs Team

7:30 - 9:00 PM—LIBRARY SERVICES COMMITTEE

Wekiwa 8, Level 2

Come and discuss what services there are and what they could be. Learn about new additions to the Library of Congress’s National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS) and other accessible book programs. David Hyde, Chairperson

7:30 - 9:30 PM—BLIND PARENTS GROUP

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Share techniques for traveling with young children, connecting with other parents in your community, and resources available to blind parents. Please bring your baby carriers, strollers, car seats, and boosters to the meeting to show other parents! Stacy Cervenka, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:00 PM—JUDAISM MEETING

Suwannee 18, Level 2

David Stayer, Chairperson, NFB in Judaism Group

8:00 - 10:00 PM—MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE MEETING

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

You're invited! If you are interested in finding ways to discover potential members while keeping current members engaged and interested, this is the meeting for you. Sharing our best practices across the Federation will take our chapters, affiliates, and our national organization to the next level. Jeannie Massay, Chairperson

9:00 - 10:00 PM—SPANISH TRANSLATION COMMITTEE

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

We provide simultaneous translation into Spanish during the general sessions of the convention and lead other Spanish initiatives for the Federation. Please join us if you would like to help with this effort. Conchita Hernandez, Chairperson

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2018

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM—REGISTRATION ($30) AND BANQUET TICKET
SALES ($70)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM—EXHIBIT HALL and INDEPENDENCE MARKET

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

9:00 - 11:30 AM—NFB BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING (Open to All)

Sebastian Ballrooms I and J, Level 1

12:30 - 2:30 PM—SPORTS & RECREATION DIVISION MEETING

Panzacola G-2, Level 1

Join us for a high energy meeting where we will discuss the business of the division and provide information, tools, and motivation to help you live the life you want through health and wellness. Stay after and participate in some of our fun workshops! Jessica Beecham, President

12:30 - 4:00 PM—NFB DEAF-BLIND DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

Get updates on national issues affecting the deaf-blind community, technology, and the division’s business matters. Alice Eaddy, President

12:30 - 4:30 PM—WHAT’S NEW FROM SENIORS? OUR RETREAT!

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

12:30 PM—Registration ($5)

1:30 PM—Meeting

Join the senior division annual meeting and learn about blindness skills training through our Senior Retreat Program. We teach each other about the truth of living with blindness and aging. Hear seniors tell their stories on how to Live the Life You Want. Silent Auction. Ruth Sager, President

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

12:30 - 5:00 PM—DIABETES ACTION NETWORK SEMINAR

Suwannee 11, Level 2

12:30 PM—Registration

Learn about new accessible diabetes equipment coming to market and strategies for living well with diabetes. Division officer and board member elections will be held. Bernadette Jacobs, President

12:30 - 5:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS

Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1

12:30 PM—Registration

Examine laws affecting blind people and others with disabilities; address ongoing struggles to gain equal access to websites, employment, legal texts, and exams; share practice tips for blind lawyers. Scott LaBarre, President

12:30 - 5:00 PM—NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

12:30 PM—Registration

Enhancing nonvisual access to information technology and improving the ability of blind information and computer technology professionals to compete in today's world. Brian Buhrow, President

12:30 - 5:00 PM—NFB IN COMMUNITIES OF FAITH

Suwannee 19, Level 2

12:30 PM—Registration

Speakers will tell how their faith has helped them face and overcome challenges. Also, hear representatives from various faith-based libraries and publishing houses describe what their organizations do. Tom Anderson, President

1:00 - 4:00 PM—PERFORMING ARTS DIVISION

Wekiwa 3, Level 2

Are you a performer seeking connection with other blind performers? Come join us as we plan for the next year and learn from each other. Then gain some practical experience through our improv workshop. Let's tackle the stage together! Julie McGinnity, President

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

1:00 - 4:30 PM—NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF BLIND EDUCATORS

Suwannee 18, Level 2

Blind teachers discuss techniques they use in their classrooms. Participants meet in groups specific to grade level and content area to create a network of mentors. If you teach or are considering a career in teaching, please join us. Cayte Mendez, President

1:00 - 4:30 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

Presentations will include emerging leaders, private sector opportunities in convenience services, and our new Women's Entrepreneur Initiative. Nicky Gacos, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

1:00 PM—Registration ($5)

2:00 PM—Call meeting to order

Network, share mutual interests, find placement strategies, and examine and discuss concerns and current issues. Melody Roane, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—HUMAN SERVICES DIVISION

Suwannee 20, Level 2

1:00 PM—Registration ($5)

2:00-5:00 PM—Division Meeting

We are a diverse group of blind professionals and students who have a passion for working with people. Please join us for our annual meeting that includes a networking session during our last hour. Candice Chapman, President

[...]

1:00-5:00 PM—Drop-in Art Room: Free activities for all! Make tactile drawings, color or sculpt your own work, OR join Jenny Callahan to work on a large group project. Art-making fun at its best.

6:00-8:00 PM—Tactile Artists to Our NFB Family Exhibit: It’s a party! Come and have fun talking to the artists about their work. It is a great chance to ask, “How did you do that?” Deborah Kent Stein and Ann Cunningham, Coordinators

2:00 - 4:00 PM—NOPBC MEETING

Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1

Keynote address by the 2018 Distinguished Educator of Blind Children; talks on accessible science, art, textbooks, games, technology, programs for kids, Parent Power, business meeting, elections, and more. Kim Cunningham, President

2:30 - 10:00 PM—SPORTS & RECREATION DIVISION WORKSHOPS

Panzacola Ballroom G-2, Level 1

2:30-3:30 PM—Traditional Japanese Sword Fighting: You saw it at the NF-BE Healthy Fair, now get a more in-depth lesson in nonvisual techniques.

3:30-4:30 PM—Line Dancing: Break out the boots and cowboy hats for a little line dancing. We will learn some fun and popular dances. If you are shy about dancing, this is a GREAT way to begin feeling comfortable and confident dancing at social events.

4:30-6:00 PM and 6:00-7:30 PM—1Touch Self Defense Workshops

($10 per session): Come experience self-defense designed with blind people in mind!

7:30-8:30 PM—Vinyasa Flow: Bring a mat or towel from your room and try flow with us! Try yoga with a descriptive instructor in a nonjudgmental environment.

8:30-9:30 PM—Essential Oils 101: Come learn how essential oils offer natural solutions for weight management, stress, sleep, anxiety, depression, pain, sinuses, or allergy issues.

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

9:30-10:00 PM—Meditation and Mindfulness: Leave your stress at the door and focus on the now as we guide you through powerful meditation exercises.

Sponsored by the Sports & Recreation Division. Jessica Beecham, President

4:30 - 6:30 PM—COMMUNICATIONS WORK SESSION

Suwannee 13, Level 2

Join the NFB communications team for an informal work session. We’ll update social media icons, exchange ideas to build our brand and enhance everything from emails to social media, and more. Bring questions and ideas! Kirsten Mau, Chris Danielsen, Alyssa Vetro, Karen Anderson, Suzanne Shaffer, Facilitators

5:00 - 6:30 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS RECEPTION

Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

For NABL division members and seminar participants only; to promote networking and fellowship within our membership. Hors d'oeuvres and cash bar are available. Scott LaBarre, President

5:00 - 7:00 PM—BRAILLE BOOK FAIR PRESENTING SPONSOR WELLS FARGO

Panzacola Ballrooms F-3 and F-4, Level 1

Browse tables of new and used Braille and print/Braille books. There will be fiction, nonfiction, early readers through multi-volume novels, cookbooks, and more. Through a collaboration with our Literacy Partner, the Wells Fargo Foundation, the books are offered at no cost to the reader. Volunteers will box and prepare them to be shipped to the reader’s home via Free Matter for the Blind. Donations are encouraged. Krystal Guillory, Coordinator

6:00 - 8:00 PM—NFB LGBT MEETING

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

Building the NFB and giving back with pride! Proposed topics include accessibility of PFLAG materials, cataloging accessible LGBTQ+ literature, and how training centers make their programs welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community. Group social TBA. Tai Tomasi, Coordinator, 515-329-4908

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

6:00 - 9:00 PM—MICROSOFT PRODUCT SHOWCASE II

Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1

6:00 PM—Seeing AI: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence to Augment Visual Awareness: Discover behind the scene details, user stories, upcoming research, and best practices that help guide the development of Seeing AI app.

7:00 PM—Accessibility in Windows: Learn about the accessibility features in Windows 10, including features recently introduced in the April 2018 update.

8:00 PM—What’s New with Narrator: Come hear about the features being developed for the next release of Narrator.

6:00 - 10:00 PM—EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE OPEN HOUSE (ETS)

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Come and learn about ETS’ new Graduate Records Examination (GRE) computer adaptive test along with the latest developments in accessibility. Come try out the GRE and other demos. This event is open to all to learn about twenty-first-century digital assessments. Cary A. Supalo, Educational Testing Service

6:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

6:00 PM—Registration

7:00 PM—Call to Order

Celebrate our successes in education and advocacy on behalf of guide dog users. Learn more about our Uber/Lyft settlement and how you can be a part of change. Hear from Delta Airlines about its service animal policy. Elect our division’s leaders. Marion Gwizdala, President

6:00 - 10:00 PM—EMPOWERING THROUGH COMMUNITY SERVICE

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

6:00 PM—Registration ($5)

6:30 PM—Meeting

Join the Community Service Division as we explore empowerment and community service, what it means, and how it fits in our movement and our lives.

Let’s find out together. Let’s get involved! Darian Smith, President

6:30 - 8:30 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS (ages 14-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

6:30 - 9:00 PM—ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TRAINERS DIVISION

Suwannee 11, Level 2

6:30 PM—Registration

Join us for a lively discussion with Douglas Walker about Hadley's instructional videos and other training opportunities. We will also discuss technologies our students will encounter in research and STEM careers. Nancy Coffman, President

6:30 - 10:00 PM—SCIENCE & ENGINEERING DIVISION

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

6:30 PM—Registration

7:00 PM—Meeting

Learn about the process of designing medical equipment. Learn how to lead a cross-functional team of engineers. Learn how the blind can gain access to graphics and mathematical material. John Miller, President

6:30 - 10:00 PM—BALLROOM DANCING WORKSHOPS

Wekiwa 3, Level 2

                6:30 PM—Registration ($5)

                7:15 PM—Tango Lesson

                8:30 PM—Salsa Lesson

Learn to conquer the dance floor with spicy salsa and dramatic tango! No partner or prior dance experience needed; all are welcome! Katelyn MacIntyre, Vice President, NFB Performing Arts Division

7:00 - 8:30 PM—“ELOQUENCE OF COURAGE” (an original play by Jerry Whittle; $5 admission fee; one performance only)

Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1

A play based on the life and times of Louis Braille. Help us honor the important role Braille played in achieving independence and literacy. All proceeds support LCB’s Buddy Program, a summer program for blind children which fosters independence. Please join with us following the performance to reflect upon and celebrate the many contributions of our beloved LCB staff.

7:00 - 9:00 PM—CHAPTER PRESIDENTS’ CHAPTER MEETING

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

Learn about the new member onboarding process, from recruitment to induction and orientation to the Federation! We will introduce new tools for you and our chapters and affiliates. Building the Federation begins with you. Chapter presidents, please attend this meeting! Jeannie Massay, Coordinator

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

7:00 - 9:00 PM—EMPOWERING UNDERSERVED POPULATIONS

Wekiwa 8, Level 2

If you are feeling underserved, come and be heard. Get empowered to live the life you want! Ron Brown, Chairperson

7:00 - 9:00 PM—NFB KRAFTERS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Suwannee 18, Level 2

NFB Krafters Division is turning ten years old! Come celebrate our milestone. Join us to discover the dreams, talents, creativity, classes, and friendships we have shared over the last ten years. We have only just begun. Come and be a part of our future! Joyce Kane, President

7:00 - 10:00 PM—GET YOUR FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME WITH NFB-NEWSLINE® AND KNFB READER

Wekiwa 7, Level 2

We are in search of stars for some marketing and outreach videos. Stop by and have a brief conversation with us about how NFB-NEWSLINE and KNFB Reader help you live the life you want. Did you get a job using NFB-NEWSLINE? Were you prepared for a storm because of NFB-NEWSLINE’s weather alerts or forecasts? How did KNFB Reader help you with a school assignment? What mystery text have you been able to decipher with KNFB Reader in hand? If you want to help us out, please email Scott White at swhite at nfb.org or come have a quick chat with us on camera anytime between 7:00 and 10:00 p.m.!

7:30 - 9:00 PM—DADS’ NIGHT OUT

All dads, sighted and blind, are welcome.

Contact Corbb O’Connor at 703-309-4884 for location. Sponsored by NOPBC.

7:30 - 9:30 PM—BLIND FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING

Suwannee 13, Level 2

Come learn about issues facing federal employees and applicants. Share your experiences with and your solutions to federal workplace challenges. Ronza Othman, Chairperson

8:00 - 9:00 PM—FRIENDS OF RECOVERY MEETING

Suwannee 19, Level 2

All convention delegates involved in or interested in twelve-step recovery programs are invited to attend. A second Friends of Recovery meeting will be on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Sheri K., Coordinator

 THURSDAY, JULY 5, Continued

8:00 - 9:30 PM—WEBMASTERS MEETING

Suwannee 20, Level 2

A meeting for all NFB affiliate and division webmasters to discuss the importance of an informative, accessible, and visually attractive website. Gary Wunder, Chairperson

8:00 - 10:00 PM—NABS OLYMPICS ($5)

Panzacola Ballroom F-1, Level 1

Join us for games, challenges, trivia, and an evening of fun with our national divisions and NFB training centers. Come play, compete, win prizes, and show off. All are invited! Kathryn Webster, President

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2018

8:00 - 8:45 AM—DEVOTIONS

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

8:45 - 9:15 AM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

8:45 - 9:15 AM—REGISTRATION ($30), AND BANQUET TICKET SALES ($70)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

OPENING GENERAL SESSION

9:30 AM               CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

9:35 AM               WELCOMING CEREMONIES

2018 National Convention Host Committee: National Federation of the Blind of Iowa, National Federation of the Blind of Florida, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

10:05 AM            CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM: VETERANS RECOGNIZED

Dwight Sayer, President, National Association of Blind Veterans, a Division of the National Federation of the Blind; Winter Garden, Florida

10:25 AM            ROLL CALL OF STATES AND APPOINTMENT OF

NOMINATING COMMITTEE

11:55 AM            REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

12:00 PM             ADJOURN

Noon - 1:45 PM—EXHIBIT HALL AND INDEPENDENCE MARKET

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, Continued

12:15 - 1:45 PM—LOUISIANA CENTER FOR THE BLIND ALUMNI RECEPTION

Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

All Louisiana Center for the Blind (LCB) alumni and those interested in learning more about our life-changing programs are welcome. Join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of our alumni. Learn how LCB training will help you “live the life you want!” Pam Allen, Executive Director

1:30 - 2:00 PM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

1:30 - 2:00 PM—REGISTRATION ($30) AND FINAL BANQUET TICKET
SALES ($70)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

GENERAL SESSION

2:00 PM               CALL TO ORDER

2:05 PM               PRESIDENTIAL REPORT

Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

3:05 PM               DREAM MAKERS CIRCLE

3:10 PM               THE UNEXPLORED DIMENSIONS OF PHOTOGRAPHY: THE

BLIND AND THE FREEDOM OF TACTILE UNDERSTANDING

John Olson, Co-founder, 3DPhotoWorks; Chatham, New York

3:25 PM               DIRECTING BIG DATA AND TECHNOLOGICAL

INNOVATION: PERSPECTIVES ON THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP BY THE BLIND

Chancey Fleet, 2018-2019 Fellow, Data and Society Research Institute; First Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of New York; Brooklyn, New York

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, Continued

3:45 PM               BRINGING CONNECTIONS TO SCALE: THE BLIND AND A

WORLDWIDE CROWD FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION

Christian Erfurt, CEO and Co-founder, Be My Eyes; Copenhagen, Denmark

4:00 PM               NETWORKING THAT EMPOWERS INNOVATION:

ACCESSIBILITY FOR THE BLIND THROUGH FACEBOOK

Monica Desai, Director, Public Policy, Facebook; Washington, DC

4:15 PM               INTRODUCING CHLOE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

GUIDED BY THE BLIND

Suman Kanuganti, Co-founder and CEO, Aira Tech Corp.; San Diego, California

4:30 PM               REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

5:00 PM               ADJOURN

5:30 - 6:30 PM—NOMINATING COMMITTEE

Wekiwa 8, Level 2

5:30 - 7:30 PM—RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC PROFESSIONALS MEETING

Suwannee 20, Level 2

The National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute's Research Advisory Council invites interested individuals to discuss current research, publication in the Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research (JBIR), and to share ideas for increasing the research and academic presence of the NFB. Edward Bell, Arielle Silverman, and Lou Ann Blake, Coordinators

6:00 - 7:00 PM—PLANNED GIVING SEMINAR

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

Come and learn about all of the options for planned giving. Your affiliate can seek planned gifts best if you understand options. You can determine how best to help fund the future of NFB through your own planned gifts by attending this informational program. Patti Chang, Coordinator

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, Continued

6:00 - 7:30 PM—COMMITTEE ON AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND INNOVATIONS IN TRANSPORTATION

Wekiwa 6, Level 2

This committee collects information about trends in transportation and emerging models of transportation that might not exist today, and which may present opportunities for the blind to move around independently, ensuring the NFB plays a prominent role in the future of transportation. Sachin Dev Pavithran, Chairperson

6:00 - 8:00 pm—COMMITTEE ON AUTOMOBILE AND PEDESTRIAN SAFETY
Wekiwa 7, Level 2

Traveling safer and smarter in a post-combustible-engine era—what pedestrians should know about our ever-changing environment. Bring your expertise, imagination, and an open mind to share ideas and feet-on-the-street experiences.

Maurice Peret, Chairperson

6:00 - 8:00 PM—SELF-ADVOCACY IN HIGHER EDUCATION

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

A workshop for current or soon-to-be undergraduate or graduate students to know your legal rights and learn effective strategies for self-advocacy in obtaining accommodations and accessing instructional materials and digital content. Gabe Cazares and Valerie Yingling, National Federation of the Blind

6:30 - 9:00 PM—CELEBRATE 30 YEARS WITH THE COLORADO CENTER!

Panzacola Ballroom H-3, Level 1

Join us in celebrating thirty years of achievements! Hear from Diane McGeorge and others who contribute to our success. Catch up with current and former staff and students. Doors open at 6:30. Program begins at 7:00, with reception to follow. Julie Deden, Director

7:00 - 9:30 PM—UPWARD MOBILITY SEMINAR

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

Stuck in a dead-end job? Want to move up but don’t know how? Learn about LinkedIn, networking, creative job-search skills, and other ways to break the glass ceiling. Hear about crafty ideas from employers, committee members, and others. Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee.

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, Continued

7:00- 9:00 PM—COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE: OPEN TO ALL LEADERS

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

Join together with chapter, affiliate, and division leaders to learn best practices in communications. We’ll explore the tools available to us through our national office and exchange ideas. Learn to effectively use communication as our greatest tool to build the Federation. Jessica Beecham, Chairperson

7:00 - 9:00 PM—EXHIBIT HALL

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

7:00 - 9:00 PM—GRANT WRITING AND FUNDRAISING BASICS

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

This seminar covers dos and don’ts of grant writing and fundraising for chapters and affiliates. Patti Chang and Seth Lamkin, Coordinators

7:00 - 10:00 PM—HOST COMMITTEE WELCOME PARTY ($10)

Gatlin Ballroom, A, Level 1

Join us to celebrate one last year in Orlando with a concert and party with cash bar featuring special guest apl.de.ap from The Black Eyed Peas. Federation musicians including Marion Gwizdala, Precious Perez, and James Brown will be performing followed by a set from apl.de.ap. apl.de.ap will then keep your feet moving as he DJs a Federation dance party. Event is open exclusively to convention attendees. Tickets may be purchased at the lobby Welcome Table; in the Hospitality Suite; from the Florida, Iowa, and Virginia host affiliate tables in the Exhibit Hall; or at the door. Sponsored by Aira and the 2018 Host Committee.

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC CONCURRENT SESSIONS

7:00-9:45 PM It’s Playtime!: Drop in with your infant, toddler, or preschooler. Network with other families, ask questions, play

together!—Suwannee 14, Level 2

7:00-8:15 PM—IEP 101: What does a good IEP look like, and how do I get there?—Suwannee 18, Level 2

7:00-8:15 PM—High-Quality Assessments Set the Stage for Service: How can the NRMA and a high-quality orientation and mobility assessment help your child?—Suwannee 19, Level 2

8:30-9:45 PM—IEP 202: Beyond the basics—Suwannee 18, Level 2

8:30-9:45 PM—The Soft Skills Necessary for IEP Success: How do you stay calm, get what your child needs, and stay on good terms with members of the IEP team?—Suwannee 19, Level 2

 FRIDAY, JULY 6, Continued

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK ACTIVITY (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1, Level 2

Dating 101: Come join in the various sessions related to dating.

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC CHILDREN’S CRAFT & GAME NIGHT (ages 5-12)

Wekiwa 2, Level 2
This activity will be available for children of families attending NOPBC workshops ONLY! NFB Child Care will not be open.

8:00 - 10:00 PM—RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

Technology is omnipresent in our lives. While it is invaluable in education and

employment, the blind are still excluded from many products. Hear about new advances and discuss how to influence developers to include accessibility in their offerings. Brian Buhrow, Chairperson

8:00 - 10:00 PM—CAREERS IN AUTOMOTIVE-RELATED SPECIALTIES

GROUP

Suwannee 20, Level 2

Do you have an interest in automobiles? Do you wonder how they work? Want to get into the automotive repair industry? Come to our meeting. Call 248-595-9134 for details. Marcus Simmons, Chairperson

9:00 PM - Midnight—TRIVIA NIGHT (admission: $5)

Panzacola Ballroom H-2, Level 1

New year, new categories, possibly new champions? Trivia Night is back with a new twist. Bring your chapter, your friends, or make new ones. Leave with bragging rights. Proceeds benefit future programs and activities of the Community Service Division.
 SATURDAY, JULY 7, 2018

8:00 - 8:45 AM—DEVOTIONS

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

8:15 - 8:45 AM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

8:15 - 8:45 AM—REGISTRATION ($30)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

GENERAL SESSION

9:00 AM               CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

9:05 AM               FINANCIAL REPORT, INCLUDING THE HONOR ROLL CALL

10:15 AM            ELECTIONS

11:15 AM            WHAT DOES “BLIND” HAVE TO DO WITH IT? THE RIGHT TO

PARENT FROM A SIGHTED DAUGHTER'S PERSPECTIVE

Joanne Gabias, Orientation and Mobility Instructor, Southern Arizona Association for the Visually Impaired Services for the Blind; Daughter of Longtime Federationists Mary Ellen and Paul Gabias; Tucson, Arizona

11:30 AM            COMMON BONDS OF BLINDNESS AROUND THE WORLD:

A NEW BLIND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER FOR THE WORLD ORGANIZATION

José Viera, Chief Executive Officer, World Blind Union; Toronto, Ontario

11:45 AM            REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

12:00 PM             ADJOURN

Noon - 1:45 PM—EXHIBIT HALL AND INDEPENDENCE MARKET (final opportunity to visit the Independence Market and Exhibit Hall)

Sebastian Ballrooms K and L, Level 1

 SATURDAY, JULY 7, Continued

12:15 - 1:30 PM—CASH AND CARING NETWORK

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

Chapters and affiliates can find new ideas for fundraising and network with others who have successfully completed exciting projects. Featured speaker is Melissa Riccobono. Bring your questions and share your solutions. Please bring your name and email/address in print or Braille. Ramona Walhof, Chairperson

12:15 - 1:45 PM—NOPBC BRAINSTORMING SESSION

Suwannee 20, Level 2

Please share your ideas with us. What did you like at this convention? What resources would help you stay connected throughout the year? What workshops might you like to see us offer next year? Be a part of this valuable conversation. Kim Cunningham, President

1:30 - 2:00 PM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

1:30 - 2:00 PM—REGISTRATION ($30)

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

GENERAL SESSION

2:00 PM               CALL TO ORDER

2:05 PM               LEADING WITH CONVICTION: MAKING EQUALITY FOR

PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES THE PRIORITY FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Neil Romano, Chairman, National Council on Disability; Orlando, Florida

2:20 PM               RAISING EXPECTATIONS FOR THE NATION FROM

FLORIDA'S NINTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT: PERSPECTIVES FROM THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

The Honorable Darren Soto, United States House of Representatives, Ninth Congressional District; Orlando, Florida

 SATURDAY, JULY 7, Continued

2:40 PM               A RECORD YEAR OF ADVOCACY FOR THE BLIND OF

AMERICA: A REPORT FROM THE ADVOCACY AND POLICY DEPARTMENT

John G. Paré Jr., Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

Scott LaBarre, President, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado; President, National Association of Blind Lawyers, a Division of the National Federation of the Blind; Denver, Colorado

3:15 PM               REPORTS, RESOLUTIONS, AND OTHER BUSINESS

5:00 PM               ADJOURN

5:30 - 9:30 PM—AMAZON SHOWCASE

Panzacola Ballroom F-2, Level 1

5:30 PM—Amazon Accessibility Updates: Come join us to hear about exciting new offerings and improvements to Amazon Devices and Kindle reading experiences.

7:30 PM—Night at the Movies: Join Amazon for popcorn, snacks, and an audio-described night at the movies. Come to the Amazon booth in the Exhibit Hall to learn what movie will be shown.

7:00 - 8:00 PM—HOW TO ADVOCATE FOR ACCESSIBILITY WITH THE VOTE-BY-MAIL TOOLKIT

Wekiwa 4, Level 2

If your state is considering becoming a vote-by-mail state, learn how the accessible vote-by-mail toolkit will provide you the tools to advocate for accessibility. Lou Ann Blake and Gabe Cazares, Coordinators

7:00 - 8:30 PM—SOCIAL SECURITY AND SSI: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

Social Security and SSI benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, reporting obligations, and information about working while receiving benefits. James Gashel, Secretary, National Federation of the Blind; Susan Rockwood Gashel, Attorney at Law

 SATURDAY, JULY 7, Continued

7:00 - 9:00 PM—BRAILLE PROOFREADING SEMINAR

Wekiwa 9, Level 2

If you are a parent of a blind child, teacher of blind and visually-impaired children, a rehabilitation teacher, or interested in learning what’s happening in the Braille field, join us to get hands-on experience. Presented by the National Association of Blind Office Professionals Division. Lisa Hall, President

7:00 - 9:00 PM—NFB NATIONAL JOB FAIR

Panzacola Ballrooms F-3 and F-4, Level 1

The job hunt begins. This job fair is different, because these employers want to hire blind people. Dress for success (we mean it), bring a polished résumé, and prepare to talk about yourself. Attend the Job Seeker and Upward Mobility Seminars first to prepare. Interview prep available. Fortune 500 employers and two to three hundred blind job seekers attend. Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee, Dick Davis, Chairperson

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK (ages 11-18)

Wekiwa 1 and 2, Level 2

7:30 - 10:30 PM—EIGHTEENTH ANNUAL SHOWCASE OF TALENT ($5)

Panzacola Ballroom G-1, Level 1

Join us for a night of great performances. Whether you take the stage or support your friends from the audience, it is an enjoyable evening of entertainment! Performer cost: $10; admission: $5. We will award cash prizes to two acts. Presented by the Performing Arts Division. Julie McGinnity, President

8:00 - 9:00 PM—FRIENDS OF RECOVERY MEETING

Suwannee 19, Level 2

All convention delegates involved in or interested in twelve-step recovery programs are invited to attend. Sheri K., Coordinator

 SUNDAY, JULY 8, 2018

8:00 - 8:45 AM—DEVOTIONS

Wekiwa 10, Level 2

8:15 - 8:45 AM—PREREGISTRATION PACKET PICKUP

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

8:15 - 8:45 AM—REGISTRATION ($30)—Final opportunity to register

Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function Area, Level 1

GENERAL SESSION

9:00 AM               CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

9:05 AM               THE UNTAPPED POTENTIAL OF BLIND ENTREPRENEURS:

PROGRESS THROUGH COLLECTIVE ACTION OF BLIND BUSINESS OWNERS

Nicky Gacos, President, National Association of Blind Merchants, a Division of the National Federation of the Blind; Asbury Park, New Jersey

9:20 AM               A MOVEMENT OF EXCELLENCE BUILT UPON BLIND

EXPERIENCE: A REPORT FROM OUR JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

Anil Lewis, Executive Director for the Jernigan Institute, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

9:45 AM               FROM MY BLIND CHILD TO OUR BLIND CHILDREN:

WHY THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND IS THE ANSWER

Carlton Anne Cook Walker, Teacher of Blind Students, Attorney, and Parent; Carlisle, Pennsylvania

10:05 AM            RAISING EXPECTATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND

REHABILITATION: CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE BLIND THROUGH THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

Johnny Collett, Assistant Secretary, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services; Washington, DC

10:25 AM            Questions & Answers

 SUNDAY, JULY 8, Continued

10:35 AM            PLAYING YOUR HAND: A BLIND SONGWRITER DOING

WHAT IT TAKES TO LIVE THE LIFE HE WANTS

JP Williams, Performing Songwriter and Accessible Technology Professional; Nashville, Tennessee

10:55 AM            AUTHENTICALLY BLIND ON STAGE AND SCREEN:

ONE BLIND ACTRESS TRANSFORMS OBSTACLES INTO STEPPING STONES

Marilee Talkington, Actor, Writer, Director, and Activist; New York, New York

11:30 AM            REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

12:00 PM            ADJOURN

Noon - 1:45 PM—AMATEUR RADIO DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Suwannee 11, Level 2; Rachel Olivero (AD9O), President

Noon - 1:45 PM—RAFFLES AND DRAWINGS

Wekiwa 5, Level 2

GENERAL SESSION

2:00 PM               FROM RAISING WAGES TO DEFENDING THE RIGHT TO

LIVE IN THE WORLD: A CHAMPION FOR DISABILITY RIGHTS AND FRIEND OF THE BLIND

The Honorable Tom Ridge, Chairman of the National Organization on Disability; Washington, DC

2:25 PM               AVIATION, TECHNOLOGY, AND LAW

Marc Maurer, Director of Legal Policy and Immediate Past President, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

 SUNDAY, JULY 8, Continued

2:50 PM               EQUAL ACCESS IN AIR TRAVEL FOR THE BLIND: RAISING

EXPECTATIONS FROM THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Blane Workie, Assistant General Counsel, Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings, United States Department of Transportation; Washington, DC

3:05 PM               Questions and Answers

3:10 PM               THE ELEVENTH ANNUAL DR. JACOB BOLOTIN AWARDS

James Gashel, Chairperson, Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award Committee; Secretary, National Federation of the Blind; Honolulu, Hawaii

3:40 PM               SHAPING AUTOMOTIVE INNOVATION FOR THE FUTURE:

AN ALLIANCE WITH THE BLIND OF AMERICA

Mitch Bainwol, President and CEO, Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers; Washington, DC

3:55 PM               NO BORDERS TO THE WORLD’S KNOWLEDGE:

A COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY FOR THE BLIND

Francis Gurry, Director General, World Intellectual Property Organization; Geneva, Switzerland

4:10 PM               ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE:

REMARKS FROM AN INNOVATION PARTNER OF THE BLIND

Ray Kurzweil, Director of Engineering, Google, Inc.; Mountain View, California

4:30 PM               REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

5:00 PM              ADJOURN

 SUNDAY, JULY 8, Continued

7:00 PM—BANQUET

Sebastian Ballrooms I and J, Level 1

INVOCATION

MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Marc Maurer

INTRODUCTIONS AND PRESENTATIONS

BANQUET ADDRESS: Mark Riccobono

SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS

CONVENTION NOTES:

Note 1: A Federation information desk is in the registration area from Wednesday morning through Sunday in case you have questions or need assistance.

Note 2: Rosen Shingle Creek room rates are: singles and doubles, $88; triples and quads, $93. In addition to the room rates, there is a 12.5 percent tax. There is no charge for children under seventeen in the room with parents as long as no extra bed is required. Proof of convention registration is necessary, including the showing of an NFB registration badge, if requested. Otherwise, regular hotel rates must be paid. This is a non-smoking hotel; smoking is permitted only in specified areas outside.

Note 3: Guide Dog Relief Areas:

There are two guide dog relief areas at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel. The one closest to the sleeping room section is located outside lower lobby level at the rear side of the hotel, toward the outdoor function space and pool area. The one closest to the meeting room section is located in the Panzacola-Sebastian wing on level one. Go past the Sebastian Ballrooms K and L (Exhibit Hall and Independence Market), exit through the doors across the end of the wing that lead to the event parking lot, and turn left.

Note 4: All requests for announcements by President Riccobono during General Sessions must be submitted in Braille.

Note 5: Raffle tickets will not be sold in the registration area, and no raffles or other such drawings will take place during convention sessions or at the banquet. The single exception will be that national divisions may (if they request it in advance) conduct drawings during the sessions or at the banquet. Groups or affiliates wishing to conduct their drawings (or any person wishing to know the winners) may go at noon on Sunday to Wekiwa 5, Level 2.

Note 6: Child care for children between the ages of six weeks and twelve years is available during convention sessions, most meetings, and the banquet. Preregistration and payment by June 15 are required for child care. Child care is organized and supervised by Carla McQuillan, the executive director of Main Street Montessori Association. Duncan McQuillan serves as the activities and staff coordinator. Please note that child-care services provides morning and afternoon snacks, but parents are required to provide lunch for their child(ren) every day. Times listed are the opening and closing times. A late fee of $10 per quarter-hour per child will be assessed for late pickups. Child-care services hours are:

Tuesday, July 3                                                  8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 to 5:30 PM

Wednesday, July 4                                           Closed

Thursday, July 5                                                8:30 AM to noon and 12:45 to 5:30 PM

Friday, July 6                                                       9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 to 5:30 PM

Saturday, July 7                                                 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 to 5:30 PM

Sunday, July 8                                                    8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 to 5:30 PM

Banquet, July 8                                                  6:30 PM to 30 minutes after the banquet ends

Note 7: Divisions, Committees, and Groups: The Federation carries on its business through the affiliated divisions, committees, and groups listed below:

DIVISIONS:

Divisions of the National Federation of the Blind are organized around a specialized interest area usually related to employment or a major stage in life (e.g. parents or students). Divisions serve as a formal vehicle for building the organization at the national level.

Amateur Radio: Rachel Olivero (AD9O), President

Assistive Technology Trainers: Nancy Coffman, President

Communities of Faith: Tom Anderson, President

Computer Science: Brian Buhrow, President

Community Service: Darian Smith, President

Deaf-Blind: Alice Eaddy, President

Diabetes Action Network: Bernadette Jacobs, President

Human Services: Candice Chapman, President

Educators: Cayte Mendez, President

Guide Dog Users: Marion Gwizdala, President

Krafters: Joyce Kane, President

Lawyers: Scott LaBarre, President

Merchants: Nicky Gacos, President

Promote the Use of Braille: Steve Booth, President

Office Professionals: Lisa Hall, President

Parents of Blind Children: Kim Cunningham, President

Performing Arts: Julie McGinnity, President

Professionals in Blindness Education: Eric Guillory, President

Public Employees: Ivan Weich, President

Rehabilitation Professionals: Melody Roane, President

Science and Engineering: John Miller, President

Seniors: Ruth Sager, President

Sports and Recreation: Jessica Beecham, President

Students: Kathryn Webster, President

Veterans: Dwight Sayer, President

Writers: Eve Sanchez, President

COMMITTEES:

Committees of the National Federation of the Blind are appointed by the President, with the exception of the nominating committee, and serve to advise the organization’s leadership on important matters and to carry out projects to build the organization at all levels.

Ambassadors: Dan Burke, Chairperson

Automobile and Pedestrian Safety: Maurice Peret, Chairperson

Autonomous Vehicles and Innovations in Transportation: Sachin Pavithran, Chairperson

Blind Educator of the Year Award: Edward Bell, Chairperson

Blind Federal Employment: Ronza Othman, Chairperson

Cash and Caring: Ramona Walhof, Chairperson

Communications: Jessica Beecham, Chairperson

Distinguished Educator of Blind Children Award: Carla McQuillan, Chairperson

Diversity and Inclusion: Ron Brown, Chairperson

Employment: Dick Davis, Chairperson

Genetic Education: Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni, Chairperson

Imagination Fund: Everette Bacon, Chairperson

Jacobus tenBroek Award: Marc Maurer, Chairperson

Jacobus tenBroek Memorial Fund: Tracy Soforenko, Chairperson

Kenneth Jernigan Fund: Allen Harris, Chairperson

Library Services: David Hyde and Marci Carpenter, Co-Chairpersons

Membership: Jeannie Massay, Chairperson

PAC Plan: Scott LaBarre, Chairperson

Research and Development: Brian Buhrow, Chairperson

Resolutions: Sharon Maneki, Chairperson

Scholarship: Cayte Mendez, Chairperson

Shares Unlimited in NFB (SUN): Sandy Halverson, Chairperson

Spanish Translation: Conchita Hernandez, Chairperson

Technology Evaluation: Mark Jones, Chairperson

White Cane and Affiliate Finance: Alpidio Rolón, Chairperson

GROUPS:

Groups of the National Federation of the Blind serve as a resource to members around specific topic areas. Groups are coordinated by a chairperson appointed by the President and are intended to connect members across the country to strengthen the resource network of the organization.

Blind Cancer Survivors Support: Isaiah Nelson, Chairperson

Blind Musicians: Linda Mentink, Chairperson

Blind Parents: Stacy Cervenka, Chairperson

Blind Professional Journalists: Elizabeth Campbell and Bryan Bashin,

Co-Chairpersons

Careers in Automotive Related Specialties: Marcus Simmons, Chairperson

Legislative Initiatives: Don Burns, Chairperson

Living History: Michael Freholm, Chairperson

NFB in Judaism: David Stayer, Chairperson

NFB LGBT Group: Tai Tomasi, Chairperson

NFB Lions: Ramona Walhof and Milton Ota, Co-Chairpersons

Orientation and Mobility: Edward Bell, Chairperson

Piano Technology: Don Mitchell, Chairperson

Travel and Tourism: Amy Baron, President

Webmasters: Gary Wunder, Chairperson

NAVIGATING THE HOTEL

(Adapted from an article by Mary Ellen Jernigan in the May 2011 Braille Monitor)

In recent years I have written a description of the layout of the convention hotel. Although I have tried, I haven’t been able to come up with an image as memorable as “a high top tennis shoe lying on its side” to picture the footprint of the hotel. Nor can I speak easily in terms of north, south, east, and west, because if you were to walk in the front door with compass in hand (which I did), you would find that you were heading not south, not east, or even southeast, but a little east of southeast—120 degrees to be exact.

The first thing to understand about the hotel is that the meeting rooms are located in an area that is totally separate from the part of the hotel that contains the sleeping rooms. The sleeping room elevators do not go to the meeting room levels. This means that the starting place to find any meeting room is always the main lobby.

When you have come in the front door, the hotel registration desk is located to your left along the same wall as the front door. Directly across from the front door toward the far side of the lobby you will find the Birdcage. The Birdcage is a tall, free-standing structure about three feet across filled with colorful, chirping, tropical birds, and is used by hotel staff and guests alike as a major landmark and meeting place. Just beyond the Birdcage is a balcony railing overlooking the level below. Since the odd compass orientation of the hotel makes speaking of facing, turning, or walking north, south, east, or west not particularly meaningful, I will use the following terms in describing the lobby: front door side of the lobby, balcony side of the lobby, facing the balcony, facing the front door, and standing at the Birdcage.

There are two sets of elevators in the main lobby. One set serves the lobby level, the lower lobby level, and floors 1 through 10. These elevators are located inside of a short, free-standing elevator corridor, which is perpendicular to and directly across from the hotel check-in desk. The corridor has an opening at both ends—one end opening toward the hotel check-in desk, and the other end opening toward the balcony side of the lobby. If you turn right as you exit the elevator corridor at the balcony end of the corridor, you will be heading directly toward the Birdcage.

The second set of elevators serves the lobby level, the lower lobby level, and floors 10 through 14. To find this set of elevators from the front door, cross the lobby to the Birdcage (at this point you will be facing the balcony rail overlooking the lower level) and turn right, walking until you dead end at a display case outside of the entrance to the Cala Bella restaurant. The elevators are now immediately on your right.

The numbering system for the sleeping rooms is based on the floor and the wing in which the room is located, with the floor number given first followed by the wing designation and then the room number. On each sleeping room floor as you leave the elevator area there is a tactile placard on the wall giving a diagram of the wing layout. The letters and numbers can be read tactilely.

If you are standing at the Birdcage facing the balcony rail, the staircase leading down to the lower level will be to your right along the balcony rail. Farther to your right is the fine dining Italian bistro Cala Bella. If you are facing the balcony rail and turn left at the Birdcage you will be walking along the balcony side of the lobby. You would pass the opening into the 1 to 10 elevator corridor on your left, and then continuing on you would find the concierge on your right. Immediately beyond the concierge’s desk is a small single elevator which serves only the lobby level, the lower lobby level, and sleeping rooms located on the third floor. Just beyond this elevator are the entrances into the spa and fitness center. In this corner of the lobby you will also find men’s and women’s restrooms and a staircase leading to the third floor sleeping rooms.

Located on the lower level of the lobby is the large Café Osceola, which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, offering both buffets and á la carte menu options. Also on this level is the 18 Monroe Street Market. This market is open 24 hours a day and is a combination of convenience store and quick-service restaurant. The restaurant part of the operation opens at 6:30 a.m. and continues well into the evening, offering hot and cold deli-style sandwiches, salads, pizza, hot entrées and desserts either for dine-in or take-out to your room or the outside eating area near the pools. This is a large area containing tables and chairs.

The hotel swimming pools and hot tubs, outdoor function space, and recreation areas, and the Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille are all accessed from the lower lobby level. All of this outdoor space is located on the rear side.

Outside on the front entrance side at the lobby level is a stand-alone facility housing a restaurant called A Land Remembered, open for lunch and dinner. As you leave the hotel, a long covered walkway to the right of the front entrance leads to A Land Remembered.

MEETING SPACE

The meeting space is connected to the main lobby and sleeping room section by a wide passageway accessed only from the lobby level. Standing at the Birdcage facing the front door side of the hotel, walking forward across the lobby, and making a left turn just before going out the front door places you at the entrance to the passageway connecting the lobby and meeting space. Or if you are coming into the hotel through the front door, making a right turn immediately after passing the bell stand will place you at the entrance to this passageway.

Along both sides of the passageway are restaurants and shops. Walking toward the meeting space, the first thing on your left will be Smooth Java, a full-service coffee bar featuring Starbucks coffees; followed by Headwaters Lounge, which serves appetizers, salads, and sandwiches, as well as beverages; and finally the Banrai Sushi restaurant. The right side of the passageway as you walk toward the meeting space has a guest services counter where you can obtain tickets and transportation to various local attractions or arrange for an Enterprise rental car, followed by the hotel’s gift shop. Two food outlets have swapped places this year. First on your right is newly-expanded Mexican eatery Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria. Next up is Tobias Burgers & Brews, serving pub fare with a broad selection of handcrafted burgers and local microbrew beers.

After passing by the retail shops and eateries, you come to a large rotunda, which serves as the entryway to the hotel’s meeting space sometimes referred to as the “Convention Center.” Continuing straight ahead, crossing the Rotunda to the far side, you will find a wide, short flight of steps leading up to Level 2 of the meeting space. At the base of the steps to the right and the left are escalators and staircases leading down to Level 1 of the meeting space. The escalator and staircase on your right take you to the Panzacola-Sebastian wing of the meeting space on Level 1. All of our meetings and activities on Level 1 are in the Panzacola-Sebastian wing. The escalator and staircase on your left lead to the Gatlin wing of the Level 1 meeting space. A small escalator located to the right of the steps also leads up to Level 2 of the meeting space.

None of our meetings or activities, except the Host Committee Welcome Party on Friday night, takes place in the Gatlin wing. Should you go down that escalator or staircase on your left, you cannot get to our meeting space in the Panzacola-Sebastian wing except by coming back up to the Rotunda and taking the other escalator or staircase leading to the Panzacola-Sebastian wing.

With respect to the escalator and staircase, the staircase is located between the up escalator and the down escalator. A small elevator also serves the meeting space in the Panzacola-Sebastian wing on Level 1, the Rotunda, and the meeting space on Level 2. Please note that there is also a small elevator that goes from Level 2 to the Rotunda and to the Gatlin wing on Level 1. This means that should you happen to take the Gatlin wing elevator from Level 2, you would need to get off at the Rotunda. Remember, if you end up in the Gatlin wing (either by taking the wrong elevator, the wrong staircase, or the wrong escalator), you need to return to the Rotunda to get to the Panzacola-Sebastian wing. Level 2 of the meeting space is also served by two short escalators going only between the Rotunda and Level 2—the down escalator being found near the small elevator serving the Panzacola-Sebastian wing, and the up escalator being found near the small elevator serving the Gatlin wing.

If you continue straight ahead after you reach the top of the short flight of steps leading to Level 2, you enter a corridor containing the ten Wekiwa meeting rooms. These rooms are along both sides of the corridor with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 on the right, and 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 on the left.

If at the top of the steps you were to turn left and continue walking until you cannot go farther and then turn right, you enter a corridor containing the eleven Suwannee meeting rooms. These rooms are along both sides of the corridor with 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 on the right side, and 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, and 16 on the left. There are restrooms just ahead of you before you make the right turn into the Suwannee meeting room corridor.

Also located on Level 2 are the St. John’s meeting rooms, but we do not use the St. John’s rooms for any of our meetings.

The General Sessions, the Board meeting, the Banquet, the Exhibit Hall and Independence Market, Registration and Preregistration, Resolutions Committee meeting, and a number of our other activities and meetings are located on Level 1 in the Panzacola-Sebastian wing. The Panzacola-Sebastian wing contains the Panzacola Ballroom and the Sebastian Ballroom—both of which divide up into many smaller meeting room sections. The names of the sections of the Panzacola Ballroom begin with F, G, or H. The sections of the Sebastian Ballroom begin with I, J, K, or L.

As you enter the Panzacola-Sebastian wing from the escalator, staircase, or small elevator you are entering an L-shaped passageway. As you continue walking straight ahead, you are walking along the short arm of the ‘L.’ The Panzacola meeting rooms F-4, F-3, F-2, and F-1 (in that order) will be on your left. There will be no rooms on your right. This short arm of the ‘L’ is about 200 feet long and ends at the Panzacola registration counter. (We are not using the Panzacola registration counter, but it is a good landmark to use to find the intersection of the long and short arms of the ‘L.’) Turning left at the Panzacola registration counter, you enter the very long (about 500 feet) arm of the ‘L.’ Along the left side of the long arm of the ‘L’ passageway (also known as the Panzacola-Sebastian Pre-function area) will be entryways (in this order) to the Panzacola G and H rooms and the Sebastian I, J, K, and L rooms. Along the right side of the passageway are glass doors and windows to the outside of the hotel, restrooms, and the Sebastian registration counter. Preregistration on Tuesday, July 11, will be at the Sebastian registration counter. Registration on Tuesday, July 11 for those who have not preregistered, will be farther down the ‘L,’ beyond the Sebastian registration counter. Later in the week, all registration will be at the Sebastian registration counter. During much of the convention, the hotel plans to offer buffet-type fast food service (quick breakfasts, beverages, soups, sandwiches, salads, chips, and perhaps some hot entrées) in the Panzacola-Sebastian Pre-function area.

General Sessions will be held in Sebastian I and J. The Exhibit Hall and Independence Market will be in Sebastian K and L, which is the last section of the Sebastian Ballroom at the very far end of the 500-foot passageway. Doors across the far end of the passageway lead outside to the event parking lot. Exiting these doors and turning right will lead to another dog relief area.

As I bring this article to a close, I offer one final navigation tip. If after studying this material you remember only one thing—it should be this: To go to any meeting of any kind from inside the hotel you must get yourself to the Rotunda.

See you at the Rotunda!

Thank You.

The National Federation of the Blind acknowledges with gratitude our convention sponsors listed below. Their messages follow.

Platinum:

Aira Tech Corp

Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec

Google, Inc.

HumanWare

Microsoft Corporation

UPS

Vanda Pharmaceuticals

Gold:

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

HIMS, Inc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Market Development Group, Inc.

Oracle

Target

Uber

Silver:

Adobe

Amazon

AT&T
Automattic (WordPress.com)

Facebook

Pearson

Sprint

Bronze:

Charter Communications

Delta

Educational Testing Service (ETS)

Lyft

Monster Worldwide, Inc.

National Industries for the Blind

NReach

VitalSource Technologies

Wells Fargo

White Cane:

C&P - Chris Park Design

Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind

Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind

Duxbury Systems, Inc

En-Vision America

Envision, Inc.

Federal Bureau of Investigation
LC Industries

McGraw-Hill

OrCam Technologies

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

San Francisco LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Scribd

TRE Legal Practice

SPONSOR ADS

Aira Tech Corp ad: Aira | the description of life. Aira provides access to visual information that works for you. Describing the life you want, as you live it. Now offering an exclusive plan for NFB members go.aira.io/nfb or 858-876-2472. For your enjoyment, Aira presents apl.de.ap from The Black Eyed Peas performing live at the welcome concert.

Google ad: Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Thank you for all you do to help us get there. From the accessibility team and everyone at Google.

HumanWare ad: HumanWare is proud to serve your needs. BrailleNote Touch: The Braille tablet for the 21st century. More than ever, students and professionals who are blind require an intelligent device that combines the simplicity and accessibility of a note taker with the power and efficiency of a modern smartphone or tablet. Our latest solution is the groundbreaking BrailleNote Touch, the first Google certified Braille tablet providing Play Store access.

VictorReader Trek | Orientation & entertainment in one mobile package. Imagine a device that gives you the best of both worlds: the confidence to get where you’re going easily and the freedom to enjoy entertainment on the go. That’s the magic of the VictorReader Trek, the multiuse handheld device designed to make mobility easy and enjoyable. Visit our booth to learn more about what the VictorReader Trek can do for you. Humanware see things. Differently.

Microsoft ad: Empowerment. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This includes creating and delivering technology that is accessible and functional for people of all abilities. http://microsoft.com/accessibility

UPS ad: Supporting great causes: a commitment that’s as much a part of UPS as our brown trucks. UPS is proud to support the National Federation of the Blind and the National Convention. ups.com.

Vanda ad: Vanda Pharmaceuticals is dedicated to raising awareness of Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24) and supporting the blindness community. Non-24 is a rare circadian rhythm disorder affecting up to 70% of people who are totally blind. People living with Non-24 experience excessive daytime sleepiness and nighttime sleeplessness, which leads to impaired social and occupational functioning. This is due to the misalignment between the internal and master body clock and the 24-hour day.

Come visit us at our booth to learn about Non-24 and sign up for additional information! Call a health educator toll-free at 1-855-856-2424. 24 hours a day, every day.

Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec/The Paciello Group ad: Convention Highlights: ElBraille 40 Windows 10 Notetaker with JAWS and Focus Blue

   - Access to your favorite Office® applications
   - WiFi,Bluetooth® 4.2, 4G and LTE protocols
   - 17-20 hour battery life
   - GPS, Sim Card port, USB and HDMI

Home Use Program

   - Significant discounts on software
   - 20% discount on all hardware

PEARL® Camera

   - Compatible with JAWS 2018, Fusion 2018,and OpenBook 9
   - Motion sensor to detect new pages for multi-page scanning
   - Scan 20 pages per minute while reading

TOPAZ OCR

   - Magnifies and reads aloud any document
   - 24-inch touchscreen display with brilliant images

We’re a proud sponsor of the NFB National Convention. 1-800-444-4443.

Oracle ad: Inclusion is Innovation @ Oracle. We believe that a talented, diverse and inclusive workforce with a broad range of experiences drives creativity, productivity, innovation and business success. Explore our exciting career opportunities at: oracle.com/careers. Oracle Diversity and Inclusion: Innovating through diverse points of view.

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP ad: Independence, opportunity, equality, success, empowerment, inclusion. Thank you to the National Federation of the Blind for allowing Brown, Goldstein & Levy to be part of your 75 plus years of breaking barriers. www.browngold.com.

HIMS ad: There’s a New Super-Notetaker on the Block! BrailleSense Polaris MINI. Full-featured, Google-certified, 20-cell Braille Notetaker—with HALF the Size & Weight!

   - 20 paper-like Braille cells
   - Access to 1000’s of apps on the Google Play Store
   - Optimized apps for Google Drive, Classroom, Docs,
   - Sheets, Slides & APH Nearby Explorer
   - Mac and iOS compatible, with upgradable Android OS
   - 13 Megapixel Camera — great for OCR
   - 64 GB Flash Memory — 3 GB RAM
   - Weighs in at LESS THAN 15 ounces!

Need more muscle? Check out the original BrailleSense Polaris, our bigger, badder powerhouse notetaker! HIMS call 888-520-4467 for a FREE Demonstration or visit www.hims-inc.com to learn more.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. ad: Commitment to access and inclusion. We proudly support the National Federation of the Blind in developing innovative education, technology and training programs that create pathways to independence and success for their constituents. JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Market Development Group ad: Market Development Group ad: Congratulations to the National Federation of the Blind on another successful convention! Market Development Group, Inc. A full-service marketing company. John Alahouzos, executive vice president. 1832 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA. (202) 298-8030. www.mdginc.org.

Uber Technologies, Inc. ad: Uber is proud to partner with the National Federation of the Blind to help bring reliable, accessible transportation to people all across the world. Learn more at accessibility.uber.com

Amazon.com ad: Visit the NFB Convention Exhibit Hall to experience the accessibility of Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Kindle for PC, Alexa Voice Services, and more…Amazon products come with built-in access features so that all customers can enjoy their, movies, books, apps, and more. Learn more @ www.amazon.com/accessiblity

AT&T ad: Power of you. We believe in promoting accessible and assistive technologies for all and are proud to support the National Federation of the Blind 2018 National Convention.

Sprint Vision ad: Sprint Vision: Putting the power of independence in your hand. Delivers user-friendly accessible devices, offers affordable plans with extraordinary customer service.

   - Promotional service plan offers
   - Free directory assistance
   - Free KNFB Reader Enterprise*
   - Accessible website: sprint.com/vision
   - Sprint Accessibility Care: 855-885-7568 | accessibility at sprint.com

* App with new line activation or eligible upgrade. Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See www.sprint.com/vision for details.

Pearson ad: Pearson. Pearson, the world’s learning company, is proud to be a sponsor of the National Federation of the Blind’s 2018 National Convention. Pearson is committed to making education accessible for all. Please stop by our booth when you visit the exhibit hall.

Charter Communications ad: Charter Communications is proud to support the National federation of the Blind at its National Convention. By collaborating with the blind and visually impaired community, Charter Communications can enhance technology and service to better meet the needs of all our customers.

Delta ad: Go Above. Go Beyond. Go the distance for change. Proud to sponsor the National Federation of the Blind Convention. Keep climbing. Delta.

Educational Testing Service ad: Our mission is to advance quality and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, research and related services. Our products and services measure knowledge and skills, promote learning and performance, and support education and professional development for all people worldwide. Come learn about our new computer adaptive testing capabilities as featured in the GRE. Questions about GRE, TOEFL, Praxis, GACE, or HiSET tests? Stop by our table!

Lyft, Inc. ad: Going the extra mile. Lyft Is a Proud Partner of the NFB. Lyft logo.

Monster Worldwide, Inc. ad: Monster is proud to support the National Federation of the Blind. At Monster, we are committed to making our website accessible to everyone, and to promoting the benefits of employing blind job seekers.

National Industries for the Blind ad: National Industries for the Blind is proud to partner with the National Federation of the Blind to advance the interests of people who are blind. Learn more at NIB.org.

NReach ad: NReach provides accessible solutions in everyday life. We provide a virtual sign to users of the free NReach app. Visit our booth and learn how to earn money as an affiliate partner today! Scan the QR Code or visit our website www.nrea.ch to download the free NReach app phone: (877) 673-2248. NReach: Accessibility in reach.

VitalSource Technologies ad: VitalSource brings accessible and engaging content to learners of all abilities. For nearly two decades, VitalSource has worked to ensure our products are designed from the beginning with accessibility in mind. Visit our booth in the exhibit hall to learn more!

get.vitalsource.com/accessibility

C&P Chris Park Design ad: Visit C&P – Chris Park Booth to check out new technologies. New product! i-loview13, i-loview17 video magnifiers, premium canes and much more! C&P, known as Chris Park Technology, develops video magnifiers and canes for people with vision loss and learning disabilities. CP was the real manufacturer of cameras, video magnifiers, canes for other organizations such as Baum, Ai Squared, National Federation of the Blind. www.chrisparkdesign.com.

Chicago Lighthouse For the Blind ad: The Chicago Lighthouse. Leading experts in employment services and assistive technology for people who are blind, visually impaired, disabled or Veterans. Employment Services: Sarah Bennett 312-977-3657. Assistive Technology: Luke Scriven 312-977-3649.

En-Vision America ad: Got talking Rx labels? Become an advocate! Stop by the En-Vision America booth and find out how! Check out demos of accessible prescription labels and the id mate talking bar code scanner while you’re there! En-Vision America.

Envision, Inc. ad: Since 1933 Envision has been providing advocacy and support to improve independence for individuals who are blind or visually impaired. Envision is proud to sponsor the National Federation of the Blind.

Envision 610 N. Main St. Wichita, KS 67203. Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind 4306 Capitol Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204.

To improve the quality of live and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research. www.envisionus.com.

LC Industries ad: Our Mission: LC Industries sole mission is to provide meaningful employment for people who are blind. As one of the nation’s largest employers of the blind, our focus is to offer opportunities, skills and training to the blind and visually impaired to help them cultivate a job into a rewarding career. Our capabilities help to make this mission a reality: manufacturing, distribution, retail, e-commerce, technology services. LC Industries is currently hiring in multiple states and departments. To learn more please visit our website: www.lcindustries.com or visit us in the 2018 NFB Career Fair which will be held on Saturday, July 7, from 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.

McGraw-Hill ad: McGraw-Hill Education: We are proud to support the National Federation of the Blind. Our commitment: We at McGraw-Hill Education are committed to developing products that can be accessed and used by any and all learners, including those with disabilities, and have created a culture that considers those with differing learning and access needs from the outset. This effort includes a comprehensive strategy that combines planning, research, training, and product development activities with both McGraw-Hill employees and third-party content partners. Learn about McGraw-Hill’s initiatives at http://mheducation.link/nfb

OrCam ad: OrCam MyEye 2.0. Read text, recognize faces, identify products. Tiny, lightweight, and completely mobile. info at orcam.com

PwC ad: Diverse Teams with Different Perspectives. At PwC, a collaborative culture starts with you. To Learn more, visit pwc.com/careers. PwC logo. ©2018 PwC. All rights reserved. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.