[VABS] You Are Invited: R. Parsons' Commencement Ceremony

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 21:42:49 UTC 2018

Good Afternoon Family and Friends

I hope that this message finds you all well. As we approach the end of
spring and the beginning of an exciting summer, I wanted to extend an
invitation to an auspicious occasion. Many of our affiliate, chapter, and
division members may remember that I began my college career after being
selected as an NFB of Virginia scholarship finalist in the 2014 James F.
Nelson scholarship process. At the time, I had just gone blind and was in
the beginning of my training program at the Virginia Rehabilitation Center
for the blind and Vision Impaired. I was not completely sure what it was I
wanted to do in the future, but I was sure that  I would need a college
degree to accomplish it. I won a scholarship, joined the Richmond chapter
that fall, and attended my first NFB convention in Hampton, VA as well. I
began college courses in January 2015 and strived to accomplish the goals of
an undergraduate degree that would qualify me to begin work in the field of
rehabilitation.

After 3 long, stressful years am happy to announce my graduation from
Randolph Macon College. I cordially invite members of the Federation to join
me in celebrating the great news and spend some time with me before I leave
Virginia for continued graduate studies. Here is the information for the
commencement:

Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018

Location: The Fountain Plaza

Randolph Macon College

304 Henry St.

Ashland, VA 23005

Time: 10AM sharp.

The commencement begins at 10AM. But seating will be done at 9AM, so if you
plan to attend please arrive early. After the ceremony, plans have been made
to celebrate and let loose at the AMF Shrader Lanes Bowling company in
Richmond. I have vouchers for free bowling and shoes rentals for 25 guests,
so if you are interested in attending this event, please contact me
directly. Below is the information about the bowling celebration: