[VABS] Reminder: Register for VABS Bowl with the Blind

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:06:24 UTC 2018

Good Evening Friends

Don't let the tropical winds and raindampen your spirits. There is still
much to be excited about and celebrate. Though a storm is on the horizon,
the silver lining is the ever-close arrival of National Meet the Blind Month
and White Cane Safety Day. With that jubilant news in mind, help the
Virginia Association of Blind Students kick off this month of awareness,
advocacy, and friendship by joining us for Bowl with the Blind on Saturday,
October 6, 2018. Here is the way to make sure your name is on the exclusive
guest list:

1.	Register for the event: If you plan to attend or you plan to come
with friends or family, we need to have an accurate count of attendees so
that the lanes will be prepared. The way to make sure that you will be given
a chance to bowl is by emailing yours truly at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>  or texting 804.801.7674 with your name and
phone number.
2.	Assure your travel arrangements: If you are not in the Virginia
Beach area, please work on securing travel that is dependable. Virginia
Beach is Greyhound and Mega bus accessible. It is also Amtrak accessible
with limited service. If you are from Richmond or Northern Virginia, there
are ride share options available. Simply register with me and inform me of
this need so that I can connect you with the VABS area coordinator to secure
your seat. Rides from Northern Virginia are $60 round trip and rides from
Richmond are $30 round trip. If you are interested in this option, please
register and pay for your seat by Monday, September 24, 2018.
3.	Tell Your Friends: If you are interested in this event and
connecting with the affiliate's student division, please make a point to
inform you friends, family, and even chapter members of the event. If you
get them to come to the event, I will be your best friend, seriously. The
best way to raise awareness of the effectiveness of the affiliate and the
division is to show support to one another. Last year, five chapters of our
affiliate came out to this event, totaling in 50 participants. The bowling
alley was very impressed in how enthusiastic everyone was during this event
and we hope to mirror or even surpass that level of commitment this year.
4.	We are also raffling off a Google Home Mini for the event. Advanced
ticket purchases will be available on September 21, 2018. Tickets are $1
each of 5 for $3.  Stay tuned for more information on how you can purchase a
ticket in your local chapter. We hope to connect with as many of you as
possible in three weeks.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Western Michigan University '21

Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Anthropology

Iota Phi Theta, Inc. '07

Phi Beta Kappa '15

Alpha Phi Omega, Inc. '17

Alpha Kappa Delta '18

Order of Omega '18

Randolph Macon College '18

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass