[VABS] VABS Funding at National Convention

Jacob Ham jacobryanham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:18:51 UTC 2020

Students,

The Virginia Association of Blind Students is proud to announce our
financial assistance program to support Virginia students attending the
National Convention in Houston, Texas. We're partnering with several groups
to give money to Virginia students looking to attend National Convention.
Students interested in receiving funding from the Student Division should:

   - Fill out the questionnaire available here
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBOCxRkP_vl_wIVoLRosJS0QWK4FA5MzAiksk5PIkfvy08DQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
   - Attend the Convention Open Forum

The Convention Open Forum is a conference call hosted by the affiliate
geared towards members who have never attended a convention before or have
not been recently, or for members who want more information about
convention proceedings, and experiences. Experienced convention goers will
be on the call to answer any questions you may have in an open and
interactive discussion. The call is on Monday, March 16th at 8PM and can be
accessed at the following phone number and access code:

Convention Open Forum conference Line: 605-475-4000
Passcode: 164097

VABS funding is limited, and we strongly encourage everyone to seek
alternative supports in addition to money we can provide. The Kenneth
Jernigan Scholarship Fund is available to all first time convention
attendees who need funding assistance to attend. The fund requires an essay
to apply, and offers upwards of $500. The affiliate has also committed to
covering registration and banquet costs totalling $95 for any members who
request it. Extra funding from the affiliate beyond the $95 may be sought
by contacting your chapter president, and the affiliate president Tracey
Soforenko.

National Convention is an incredible experience for all attendees, and the
Virginia Association of Blind Students is committed to providing
opportunities for students to reap the benefits of National Convention this
year in Houston.

Questions? Contact Nick Petrillo, VABS President at vabs.president at gmail.com
Best,
Jacob Ham,
Membership Chair | Virginia Association of Blind Students
jacobryanham at gmail.com