[VABS] Fwd: Update on Leader Dogs 2020 Virtual Summer Camp

President Vabs vabs.president at gmail.com
Sat May 16 20:02:38 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lori Deehr <Lori.Deehr at leaderdog.org>
Date: Fri, May 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM
Subject: Update on Leader Dogs 2020 Virtual Summer Camp
To: vabs.president at gmail.com <vabs.president at gmail.com>

Hi Nick,

Here is the updated information for our 2020 Virtual Summer Camp.  Would
you please get this information out to all of your members. I think they’ll
enjoy the experience.
*Leader Dogs for the Blind Virtual Summer Experience Camp 2020*

Camp dates: Sunday, June 21–Friday, June 26, 2020
*Application deadline: Friday, June 5, 2020*

This free camp experience gives teens 14–17 years old in the U.S. and
Canada an awesome lineup of virtual activities to build their independence!
Participants will explore mobility options like guide dog travel, build
leadership skills and make lasting relationships with peers. Using Zoom
video conferencing, we will lead two 30-minute virtual sessions each day at
12 p.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Teens can look forward to a Q&A
session with a guide dog mobility instructor, a game session, a private
Facebook group to keep the fun going through the week and lots more!
Presenters include Leader Dog O&M Instructors, Leader Dog guide dog
mobility instructors and some special surprise guests! Participants will
receive a free LDB Virtual Summer Experience Camp t-shirt and a chance to
win other prizes including a Humanware Victor Reader Trek.

To confirm your commitment for this week of fun, please complete the online
application
<https://www.leaderdog.org/programs/summer-experience-camp/apply-for-virtual-summer-experience-camp/>
by Friday, June 5. You’ll need to check your email regularly after applying
for updates and more information!

Thank you!

Lori Deehr

Receptionist
Leader Dogs for the Blind
1039 S. Rochester Rd. • Rochester Hills, MI 48307-3115
Direct (248) 218-6331
Toll Free (888) 777-5332

To learn more about our programs and services visit LeaderDog.org
<http://www.leaderdog.org>
We are always in need of volunteers to raise our puppies. Learn more at
LeaderDog.org/puppy <https://www.leaderdog.org/volunteer/raise-a-puppy>

Our mission is to empower people who are blind or visually impaired with
lifelong skills for safe and independent daily travel.
[image: Our Services]
Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.