[VABS] Reasons to Celebrate

André Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:44:48 UTC 2021

Dear Members!

Recently, two major events occurred.

The first is related to Access Technology Affordability Act (H.R. 431/S.
212). The number of Cosponsors in both chambers has increased currently in
House there are now 62 cosponsors and in the Senate, we are up to 12! This
may not seem like a big deal both this bill has bipartisan support and a
strong momentum, which is being pushed by members like you.

The second is related to Transformation to Competitive Integrated
Employment Act, which was introduced in the House under Bill number: H.R.
2373. The bill was introduced Education and Labor Committee Chair Bobby
Scott, Democrat from Virginia’s 3rd District and Representative Cathy
McMorris Rodgers (Republican from Washington's 5Th District).

I strongly urge all of you to reach out to your member of Congress and urge
them to Co-sponsor these bills. If you need information about how you
contact your member of Congress, go to www.congress.gov or you can reach
out to me and I will be glad to help you

Signed,

André E Hill
Chairperson
Legislative Committee
Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia