[VABS] Legislative Alert

André Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:36:49 UTC 2021

Good Morning Members,

Today, John Pare Jr., Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy at our
National Headquarters sent out an email letting us know that provisions of
ATAA that were originally incorporated back in September into the Build
Back Better Act have been removed as of October 28th.

The Act has not been finalized and there is time to get the ATAA back into
the bill before it goes for a floor vote, but we must act quickly. We are
being asked to contact Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Schumer and urge
them to restore this provision.

Below is the suggested template:

“My name is [YOUR NAME] and I want to urge [Speaker Pelosi OR Majority
Leader Schumer] to restore the Access Technology Affordability Act (H.R.
431/S. 212) into the Build Back Better Act (H.R. 5376). This bill will have
a tremendous impact on the lives of blind Americans by improving education,
increasing employment opportunities, and increasing overall
self-sufficiency. Thank you.”

It is is suggested that we all use subject line: “Please Maintain the ATAA
Provision in the Build Back Better Act”

To contact Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Schumer please use the
following email addresses, or call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Speaker Pelosi:

Terri McCullough, Chief of Staff

terri.mccullough at mail.house.gov

Majority Leader Schumer:

Mike Lynch, Chief of Staff

mike_lynch at schumer.senate.gov

If you decide to send an email instead of calling, please copy Jeff Kaloc
at jkaloc at nfb.org.

 Signed,

André E. Hill
Interim Chairperson