[Vendorsmi] this is what's being done in the name of BEP operators

Joe Sontag suncat0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:36:24 UTC 2012

For your consideration and comment.  I'll start by asking how Mr. Essenberg and his girlfriend and BEP manager Ms. Zanger purport to act on behalf of operators by shutting them out of the dialogue and taking no steps to find out exactly what's on the mind of the operator who's just trying to pay the bills these days?
The text of a recent letter, allegedly written by Lord Essenberg, appears below and reveals much about how he and so-called BEP management regard the rest of us.

Joe Sontag

Hello Mr. Zimmer,
My name is Robert Essenberg, and I am the Vice Chair of the Elected
Operators Committee. I wrote to you several months ago on behalf of
James Chaney, Chair of the E.O.C., and the rest of the committee. At
that time we requested a meeting to discuss the executive order and
our concerns on how it was to be structured. You met with me and other
members of the committee as well as Constance Zanger, the manager of
the B.E.P., and we discussed things that were of concern to us. You
told us in that meeting that it was the intention of the department to
involve the E.O.C. in the discussions that would occur after the
executive order was released. We as the E.O.C. are now requesting that
we meet with you and the B.E.P. staff to start discussing the changes
to the rules and the flow and structure of the B.E.P. As you might
imagine, we as the ultimate end recipients of all these changes have a
few concerns and suggestions. We are requesting that this meeting
between you, the B.E.P. and the E.O.C. take place as soon as possible.
We know that the program is in the process of drafting new rules and
language and this draft will proceed to the E.O.C., then to your
office and back through everyone again, once all parties have put in
their two cents worth. We think it would be more productive if we sit
down and discuss some of the major points that each group is looking
to have incorporated into the new rules before we start these round
and round draft submissions. We think that this meeting should include
the entire committee, either in person or by phone. We don't, however,
want the meeting to be a free for all, so we will structure the
meeting so that specific questions are asked and the amount of
superfluous chit chat is eliminated.
As before, we look forward to your response to our request to have a
meeting on the future rules and operation of the B.E.P.
Sincerely
Robert Essenberg, on behalf of
James Chaney and the E.O.C. committee