[Vendorsmi] The Passing of Our Dear Friend Scott Young

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 09:04:47 UTC 2012

From: Kevan Worley

Subject: The Passing of Our Dear Friend Scott Young

Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that I write to tell all of you about the passing
of

our dear friend and colleague, Scott Young of Tennessee. In recent days,
Scott

checked into the hospital. As most of you know, Scott was a brittle
diabetic. As

I understand it, Scott went into the hospital a few days ago. At first it
seemed

like a bad cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc. However, it was quickly
determined

that a number of other complications to his diabetes were intensifying. His

family was at his bedside during the last couple of days. NABM First Vice

President Kim Williams, NFBEI Director Terry Smith and our member Melissa
Smith

were with Scott yesterday.

This is a very difficult note for me to write as Scott has been much more
than

one of our leaders. He was much more than a very effective businessman.
Scott

was always ready to carry more than his share of the load. He was one of our

heroes, but often his humility meant that he was one of our unsung heroes.
He

simply got the work done. He exemplified what we all should be doing. He
always

had the greatest relationships with his legislators. He was often the one
that

led the charge in the face of legislative challenges to opportunities for
the

blind. But, for me personally, more than all of those things, he had been a

supporter, a dear friend and an example of class, honor, integrity and
dignity.

Scott had battled monumental health issues for many years, and yet it can
truly

be said that his indomitable spirit and love, which in his case came from
his

Christian faith, made him one of our quiet leaders and contributors. It
occurs

to me that one way to understand Scott would be this phrase: He was always
there

to help. Many of us talk, Scott did.

We understand that arrangements for services in Tennessee on Monday are
being

made, and funeral services in Illinois, where Scott was raised, are likely

occur on Tuesday.

At Your Service,

Office: 1-866-543-6808

Cell: (303)929-2369