[Vendorsmi] FW: Responding to your Message

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Jun 14 20:33:44 UTC 2012

From: Senator Debbie Stabenow [mailto:senator at stabenow.senate.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:28 PM
To: f.wurtzel at att.net
Subject: Responding to your Message

- Michigan

June 14, 2012

Fred Wurtzel

1212 N Foster Ave

Lansing, MI 48912

Dear Fred,

Thank you for contacting me about commercial development at highway rest
areas. I share your concerns.

As you may know, Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) introduced an amendment to the
Senate transportation bill (S. 1813) that would allow private development at
rest areas along the highway. I voted against this amendment because
commercializing rest areas could unfairly harm existing businesses that are
located at highway exits.  The Senate rejected this amendment and passed the
transportation bill with an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote of 74 to 22.
Unfortunately, the passage of a long term bill is being held up by the House
of Representatives. As Congress works through these issues, I will keep your
views in mind and continue fighting to pass a transportation bill that is so
critically important to jobs in Michigan and across the nation.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about
issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
The United States Senate . Washington, DC 20510
stabenow.senate.gov
<https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=quorum_stab
enow-iq&crop=18251.41038698.17202110.18589736&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fstabenow
.senate.gov>

<https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=quorum_stab
enow-iq&crop=18251.41038698.17202110.18589736&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fstabenow
.senate.gov%2f%3fp%3dnewsletter> Description: Image removed by sender.
Sign-up for the Senator's newsletter