[Vendorsmi] send me the inventory now!

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 16:52:29 UTC 2012

With regard to the equipment inventory, I find it both amusing and totally
disgusting that a taxpayer-funded organization such as BEP requires a second
inventory by a new and different person or entity, simply because the data
from the physical inventory does not match up with the database.  Does
anyone really believe that repeat performance of the physical inventory is
going to bring about a different result-the desired result by BEP management
of match up with the database inventory?  If anyone really believes that
expensive concept, I, like the governor, have a taxpayer-free-funded built
bridge to Canada to sell to anyone holding such belief.

What actually is needed is an "independent" investigation of why and how the
physical inventory of BEP equipment does not match up with not only the
database inventory, but actual equipment purchases.

Then, perhaps we the taxpayers can get full disclosure about not only how
tax monies have been spent,but how and where the purchases were assigned or
magically disappeared, so as to not match up between  the physical inventory
and database Inventory.  Does anyone really believe such an "independent
investigation" is likely to take place on the initiative of the Commission
for the Blind?  We are more likely to get a bridge to Canada than an
"independent investigation from the Commission, LARA, or the Snyder
administration.

Speaking of an "independent" perspective, perhaps the state Auditor's
General audit draft report released May 18th will shed some daylight
sunshine on the propriety of the BEP inventory issue.  You think?  Oh yeah,
that's right, pardon me, I guess the released draft report was to remain  an
unrevealed secret, since MCB Director Patrick Cannon informed the MCB Board
and public last Friday, June 15th, that no Auditor General report yet exists
on the BEP audit.  Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps very soon, right, Mr. Cannon?  I guess
that secret was to remain unrevealed until accidently exposed, like the
email from Assistant Attorney General Tom Warren on the legality of the
Anderson bid and interview process.  It appears any title that contains the
word "General" translates to "classified" or "confidential".  Correct, Mr.
Cannon?  So much for the rule of law concerning governmental transparency.

Allegedly the purpose of the proposed Executive Order 2012-2 was to bring
about efficiency and better services within programs serving the blind and
disabled citizens of Michigan.  How is work to welfare for the blind and
disabled make foe more efficient program management?  In my opinion, the
core problem of unqualified, incompentent, corrupt management still exists.
It appears to me it is simply a moving around the chairs on the deck of the
sinking unsinkable ship.  The only question to be answered is who will
survive?  The likely answer is the civil service personnel with
system-issued survival "floatation" protection support.  Of course, as we
often learn from the post-sinking report, it will be determined that the
disaster could have been avoided were it not for "human error" caused by
"failure to ffollow established and prescribed practices and procedures",
yet, there is no criminal or civil culpability and accountability for the
negligent breach of duty by the personnel involved.  Those responsible for
the disaster are simply reassigned or sent off into the sunset with their
abundant taxpayer-paid severance package and life-long retirement and
health-care benefits.  Go figure!  Standard efficiency operating procedure.

Terry Eagle

  _____