[Vendorsmi] Fw: Deleted Information - BEP Operator Info Line Announcement RequestDocument8

Joe Sontag suncat0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:42:51 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Terry Eagle
To: 'Joe Sontag'
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 8:01
Subject: Deleted Information - BEP Operator Info Line Announcement RequestDocument8

October 5, 2012

Good morning Constance,

I am writing concerning the posted announcement requested on behalf of the Michigan Association of Blind Merchants, a division of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan, and its annual convention and meeting.

Please tell me the reason and justification for deleting important information that likely is of interest to blind vendors.  The deleted information in the posted announcement was provided as information vital to interested blind persons to be able to make accommodations to their blindness to attend the evening event.  The deleted information is reasonable and necessary to achieve accommodations to attend the event.

I find it difficult to believe this deletion to be a simple oversight in your decision to edit and delete valuable information of interest to blind individuals who routinely must make accommodations to attend meetings away from their locale, given your many years of consideration of the need for accommodations to be made by blind persons to  allow and achieve attendance and participation by blind persons at numerous Elected Operators' Committee events around the state.

I hope and pray your decision is not another act of discrimination based on your personal contempt for me, or because of a similar act toward the NFB, based on your close relationship with a member of another smaller organization of blind consumers and vendors, and your attendance at their local and out-of-state events.  Regardless, acts of discrimination based on affiliation are totally unacceptable, must and cannot be tolerated within the public sector, by agents of the state charged to serve all persons and groups equally, regardless of one's own affiliation.

I urge you to reconsider your action of deleting important imformation of interest and accommodation value to blind vendors; correct your action without delay, and be cognizant of the need for blind persons' need to know any and all information that will achieve access  through accommodations to all events of interest to the blind.

Please publish the entire event information announcement requested as a public service to blind vendors.

Best regards,

Terry Eagle, President

Michigan Association of Blind Merchants