[Vendorsmi] BEP WARNING

Joe Sontag suncat0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 01:54:50 UTC 2013

I tried back in 2003-2004 to persuade operators that they needed to read and act on the proposed new promulgated rules, with almost zero success.  Too many operators simply did as much or as little as they could get away with or by with, as the greatly expanded new rules quietly slipped into effect.

We find ourselves now in an environment where outside pressures are forcing both BEP and operators alike to follow the rules as they are written; and that isn't entirely bad.  But, for Management and for who knows how many operators, the party's over, or is it?  Those of us who have stood up for our own  rights or for the rights of others and for the long-term stability of the Program have been damaged by active and passive tactics from BEP Management, especially during the past 7 years or so, while others have been rewarded for their ability to get the goods on BEP Administration and paid off for their silence.

The EOC has been strangely unconcerned about most of this, even though it is there to represent operators as individuals and as a group.  This system worked in the past, but has been shut down completely today. Very few attorneys with administrative law experience are familiar or willing to become involved with the laws, regulations and rules of our program.  Bill has the right idea.  Whether or not the Committee will come around is questionable, in my opinion.

Joe Sontag, who still does not blog about the BEP