[vendtalk] Swine Flu

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Thu Apr 30 20:07:07 UTC 2009

 Greetings Friends and Colleagues,

I would note that there are now 2 swine flu cases reported in Colorado. I
know that many of you are out ahead of the curve in terms of providing
supervision and targeted training in safety and sanitation to blind
merchants and all staff. However, redoubling and retripling our effort will
keep our customers healthy and keep our staff at work. You may wish to
review the following tips.

Tips for Infection Prevention

1.      Wash hands with soap and water thoroughly and often - at least 20
seconds, and rinse theme with clean water.

2.      Turn off the faucet with a paper towel, not with your clean hands!

3.      Dry your hands with a paper towel or use an air dryer.

4.      Use a paper towel also to operate the door knob or door handle.

5.      Alcohol-based hand-sanitizers are recommended for customers and
employees during this time. As usual, they are to be used after proper hand
washing.

6.      Avoid crowds and minimize person to person contact

7.      Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze

8.      If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper arm or
sleeve

9.      Turn your face away from others around you

10.  Put used tissues into a waste basket

11.  Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing

12.  Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes

13.  If you have flu-like symptoms, tell your manager and stay home from
work.