[vendtalk] National Training Conference and Louis Braille Commemorative Silver Dollar

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Thu Dec 3 18:26:04 UTC 2009

Greetings colleagues and friends,

I do hope your Thanksgiving holiday was very enjoyable; now we are in the
swing of the holidays! I love Christmas.  I know that vacation, some states
are furloughing people, dollars are diverted for people to buy Christmas
presents. All of this can make big challenges for our retail businesses. As
President of NABM, I constantly am aware of the challenges all of us face.
My best wishes and prayers are with you all. Here's to a prosperous holiday
season!

I do hope that each of you will consider purchasing a Louis Braille
Commemorative Silver Dollar before time runs out. The Mint is guaranteeing
that if you order by December 7, that's this coming Monday, your silver
dollar can be delivered by regular mail before Christmas. Please reach out
to your Federation merchant colleagues and other family, friends, customers,
state agency folks. Every Louis Braille Commemorative Silver Dollar
purchased will result in $10 going directly to NFB Braille literacy
programs. Each $10 amount will then be matched with dollars we are now
raising. This will result in $20 toward Braille literacy research and
instruction for every silver dollar sold. What a special gift. Remember that
www.usmint.gov <http://www.usmint.gov/>  will no longer take orders after
December 11, 2009. After that time, the remaining silver dollars will simply
be melted down. The uncirculated coin is $33.95. That makes a great
keepsake, Christmas bonus gift for an employee, or a special customer. The
rarer proof silver dollar has a higher silver content. It is $44.00. It is
typically the one that collectors want; it typically would remain in its
protective capsule. There is a $10 shipping charge PER ORDER, not per coin.
Please reach out to family and friends, urge them to give the gift of
literacy. Urge them to buy a special gift, the commemorative Louis Braille
Silver Dollar for someone special. Great stocking stuffer! Sure to increase
in value. Great coin to set aside for children, grandchildren, nieces,
nephews.

I am thrilled that Nicky Gacos, First Vice President of NABM, and our
Secretary, Kim Williams, continue to work with RSA, NCSAB to develop a
robust and exciting training and networking conference with tradeshow for
2010. This training event will replace the signature Randolph-Sheppard
conference, BLAST, for blind vendors and SLA personnel for 2010. The team is
close to finalizing plans. It looks like they are securing stipends and
scholarship money, reasonable hotel rates for the DC area, and an early June
timeframe. I am proud that the National Association of Blind Merchants have
worked in collaboration to develop a broad based, far reaching training
event of this type. I'm sure further details will be coming soon.

At Your Service,

Kevan Worley

President, National Association of Blind Merchants

There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.

You can be part of the solution.

<https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId
=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000> Buy the Louis Braille
Bicentennial Silver Dollar now!