[vendtalk] Jan. 29, 2009, Sub-Committee meeting

plume blume at verizon.net
Mon Feb 2 18:08:01 UTC 2009

TO: Frank Collepardi, Chairperson, N. J. BEP Committee

FROM: Tom Blume, N. J. License BEP Operator

DATE: Jan. 30, 2009

SUBJECT:  Chapter 97 Sub-Committee Meeting, Jan. 29, 2009 Comments

On Jan. 29, 2009 you called a Chapter 97 Sub-Committee phone conference
meeting.

Since you are the Chairperson of the Committee you turned the meeting over
to the Sub-Chairperson, Paul to conduct the meeting.

Since Paul was unable to conduct the meeting, you had to Chair the meeting
and you only asked Paul if he agreed or disagreed with what was being
discussed
during the meeting.

All of the Committee members were present and John the BEP Manager and mike,
Field Rep was also present.

Anna and I were also presents as members of the Chapter 97 Sub-Committee.

The purpose of Mike being at the Sub-Committee meeting was to read and write
the changes which are necessary to be placed in the new Chapter 97.

You did not request Mike to read the letter from the Feds so the members of
the Sub-Committee could follow the suggestions and make these changes.

You did not request Mike to speak or request him to put his input as a BEP
Field Rep.

When Mike was working with the Sub-committee prior to the May 2008
Conference and we completed the first draft of Chapter 97 he did an
excellent job of
reading and writing for us also he gave us some very good examples for us to
think about.

The Committee voted to place all of the Feds suggestion in the new Chapter
97 however they will be written after the Sub-Committee meeting.

The only people that you allowed to vote on any of the issues were the full
Committee members.

You did not allow the "non committee members" to vote.

This was a "Sub-Committee meeting" not a Regular Committee meeting or a
Special Committee meeting.

Robert Rules states, that a Sub-Committee can only suggest changes and the
report must be sent to the full Committee for a final vote.

Frank, do you want the "Non Committee members", to only provide ideas and
other suggestions and not be able to vote on their ideas???

Why do you want "Non Committee Members" to be present at the Sub-Committee
meetings???

Every time I attend a Committee meeting, one or more of your committee
members have "Verbally Attacked" me, as I was either reporting or speaking
on a very
important issue.

Do you enjoy when your Committee members "verbally attack" me or anyone
else???

The tree main Committee members are: Jack, Dan, Nick.

The Committee By-Laws sttates very clearly that this should never happen at
a meeting.

Please review your By-Laws.

We spent over 6 hours at two separate meetings and you have never permitted
anyone to suggest the wording or write the changes in Chapter 97.

You only wrote "notes" and your Committee voted on these "notes" and the
Committee agreed to follow the Feds suggestions, however this process will
be done
behinds closed doors.

You do not need a vote by the Committee for "notes".

Again why do you have Sub-Committee meetings and never really resolve any
issues or write the changes and vote on the new changes.

The clock is ticking and the time is coming close to present the final draft
for the N. J. Register.

I predict that the Committee will drag their feet in presenting the final
"draft" and the old Chapter 97 will be rolled over and the "Feds"
suggestions
will not be put in place.

Success is peace of mind that is a direct result of self-satisfaction in
knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming"