[vendtalk] Introducing Myself

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Mon Jul 27 17:51:11 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

My name is Chasity and I have just joined this vendtalk mailing list today. I am in the process of completing all requirements to get into the BEP program here in St. Louis, MO. I am about to take the math test that is required and then I will proceed with other requirements. I am extremely excited about this. I haven't felt more confident about a decision in a long time as I do about this one. So I'm just here to check out the discussion and to network with other people.

To let you all know a little about me, I am 27 and live in the St. Louis area. I attended college at the University of Missouri-St. Louis where I got my Bachelor's in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Theory and Rhetoric, a minor in English and a certificate in writing. I also attended the Pierre Laclede Honors College while at the university. The Honors College is for students who consistently maintain over a 3.2 cumulative GPA throughout their academic career. Once graduating from the university, I thought I wanted to pursue law school, however, after studying for the LSAT, I became confident that was indeed not for me. Then I decided that I might want to pursue an MBA degree, but that was definitely not for me either.

Over the past couple years, I have been learning more and more about vending, and I absolutely love the idea, and I am more confident about my decision to do that than I was about the previous two decisions I made. I have a very close friend who lives with me. His name is Terry Posont and he was a vendor in the state of Michigan for about 25 years. We have been very close friends for almost 5 years, and he has lived here with me for the past year and a half. We have talked at great length about the program. My interest to become a vendor started when I would ask him questions about how he used to run his own store, etc. When I first started asking, I was simply doing it out of curiosity, not because I had an interest. But the more questions I asked, and the more I learned about it, I realized how interesting it was to me and how much I really wanted to do it. I have a very strong, assertive personality and I enjoy taking leading rolls in activities, etc. and I really think this is a good fit for me, after learning all of the responsibilities involved. I informed my counselor that this was what I really wanted, and she was very excited for me and extremely supportive of my decision.

So I just joined the list to meet other people and to check out the discussion that goes on here to learn new things. I will keep everyone updated. My counselor has told the coordinator that I am ready to take the math test. So now I'm just waiting until something is scheduled. In the mean time, I am studying with Terry for the test. I believe the next class for BEP starts in January in Jefferson City. I am very excited and will be completing all requirements in order to make that one. I understand that the man who used to teach the course in Jeff City recently resigned and they are finding a new person to teach the course, so I believe that has delayed things.

Anyway, take care and hope to hear from some of you.

Chasity JacksonE-mail: chasityvanda at charter.net
Twitter: kidrockgroupie
Windows Messenger: chasity0713 at hotmail.com
Skype: ronnievanzantfan4ever