[vendtalk] FW: Driving Challenge Stimulated IdeastoEmpowerBlindPeople

Loren Wakefield isaiah5719 at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 29 22:58:49 UTC 2009

Peter,

I agree with you.  I never knew just how much I wanted to drive until our
son started about six years ago or so.  I agree with you about the freedom
it would give roadside vendors.

Brian, it might not ever be practical.  However, does this mean we should
not try and see if it can become so?  Is it not better to try and at least
have a chance of success, than to fail because you did not even try?  I
think so.  Maybe others do not.  What if we had decided that there is no way
to make a machine that could turn text in to spoken words or even braille?
What if the slate and stylus had been discarded because a blind person might
accidentally stab himself or even someone else?  And is it not up to us to
be responsible in the use of whatever is invented?  Even in changing
attitudes, is it not up to us to be responsible as to what we change those
attitudes to and how we bring about that change?

I do know that if we do not pursue this dream of reaching our full
potential, we will only fall futher behind.  And I for one want the
opportunity to see if it is possible and if we can make it practical.

Loren Wakefield

"The best way to predict your future is to create it."  Dr. Forrest C.
Shaklee

www.shaklee.net/ultimatehealthwithtlc

319-433-0145 866-433-3969